The following plugins are out of date error message

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The following plugins are out of date error message

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    rockspotclimbing
    Participant

We’re getting this too “The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.3. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”

Are we supposed to click the link “Want to pair an older version?” or take some other action (and specifically what action)?

Notes: Also running The Events Calendar PRO Version 3.3. Nobody uses the 2011 theme anymore.

Barry

Hi @rockspotclimbing,

Based on the information you have shared it sounds like you are using The Events Calendar 3.4.1 (great!) with Events Calendar PRO 3.3 (not so great – this is an older release). Can you visit your plugin admin page and try updating Events Calendar PRO to 3.4? That should resolve this.

Nobody uses the 2011 theme anymore.

Are you referring to our recommended troubleshooting steps here?

Twenty Eleven is simply a useful measure of what might be regarded as standard behaviour for a theme. It may be that fewer people use it than previously – but it remains an actively maintained theme by the core WP team and is a useful touchstone (though if you do ever need to complete those steps, feel free to substitute Twenty Twelve or another default theme if you prefer) … however, I don’t think we need you to complete those troubleshooting steps just yet so you don’t need to worry about this 🙂

rockspotclimbing
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Yes, the recommended troubleshooting steps refers to 2011 theme. I did try 2014 theme, no plugins and can not…

a> Get the license key to ‘stick’
    b> access the updates (probably because the license key won’t stick)

Super frustrating to not be able to apply the license, run the updates and clear error messages like “The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 3.3. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”

I know and I want to be on the latest version of the plugin(s) but can not make it happen.

rockspotclimbing
    Participant

This reply is private.

davidemacek
    Participant

I have a similar problem with:

“The following plugins are out of date: The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets 3.3. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?”‘

I understand that 3.4 has been released but there is no update coming up for Eventbrite Add-On in my Plugin Section. I “Check Updates” under the updates section and it says everything is current.

The good thing is that I haven’t seen any impacts in the functionality yet.

evfreefullerton
    Participant

I’ve downloaded events-calendar-pro.3.4.zip from here, installed it and in the WordPress plugins list it says it’s version 3.3 not version 3.4

The enclosed readme says:

=== The Events Calendar PRO ===

Contributors: ModernTribe, roblagatta, MZAWeb, ryancurban, faction23, jazbek, jbrinley, kyleunzicker, leahkoerper, WebsiteBakery, barry.hughes, kellykathryn, neillmcshea, peterchester, reid.peifer, shane.pearlman
    Tags: events, calendar, event, venue, organizer, dates, date, google maps, conference, workshop, concert, meeting, seminar, summit, class, modern tribe, tribe, widget, pro
    Donate link: http://m.tri.be/29
    Requires at least: 3.6
    Tested up to: 3.8
    Stable tag: 3.4
    License: GPLv2 or later

Barry

@rockspotclimbing:

Is it possible you have changed your site’s domain? If so, clearing it from the license management page here at tri.be then re-entering it on your own site might help it to stick (and could be worth a try anyway). Failing that, you could update manually by grabbing a copy of our latest PRO code here.

Let me know if that helps!

@evfreefullerton
    | @davidemacek: thanks for posting – it would be appreciated though if you could create new threads of your own (trying to help multiple people simultaneously can make for a very confusing thread 🙂 ). Thanks!

rockspotclimbing
    Participant

We are still in development and using the development subdomain, which is also what shows in the license management page. So no, that isn’t the issue we’re still experiencing. I’d be happy to share the admin login with you per my private message earlier in the thread.

Barry

<p>Hmm, I wonder in that case if the problem might be environmental. Can you obtain a copy of the latest PRO code and update manually?</p>

rockspotclimbing
    Participant

Hi Barry, I see the offer to check out the WP admin for other users and wonder why that’s not being responded to in my posts? We paid for the PRO plugin and want PRO support 😉

Barry

Well, we prefer not to log in to a customer’s site unless absolutely necessary – but if you think it would help we’d be happy to give it a try.

Before doing so, please ensure all other plugins have been deactivated and that you are using a default theme (such as Twenty Twelve) so we can see this in action under default conditions or else confirm that we have permission to do the same.

I also strongly recommend backing up first of all and making yourself aware of the process for restoring that backup, as we cannot accept any liability for issues that arise whilst troubleshooting.

Thanks!

rockspotclimbing
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

rockspotclimbing
    Participant

Hi Barry, not sure how the private comment things worked, but I can’t see it (I’m logged in) and haven’t received an email? Please advise.

Barry

You should be able to see a checkbox something like this:

Click this option when replying to set a reply as "private"

Is that not visible to you (I didn’t send an email, as sharing the details here should suffice).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘The following plugins are out of date error message’ is closed to new replies.