The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets is missing from Events page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets is missing from Events page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Denise
    Participant

My events page was as it should have been yesterday, when I was looking through it today it was missing. I have also noted that on the dashboard the “news from modern tribe” is reporting an error.

From Events/settings in the large box at the top if I click Where’s my calendar? Right here. I am sent to the empty page.

Not really sure how to troubleshoot this since it just seemed to happen.

Geoff

Hello Denise! Welcome to the forums and sorry for the trouble here.

That’s certainly odd–one day the tickets are displayed on your events but the next day they disappear. Strange!

Sometimes hosting companies will make silent updates to your site–for example WordPress can be set to automatically update when a new version is available. Is it possible your site, theme or another plugin was updated automatically? Or perhaps your hosting package updated its PHP settings or something?

Either way, I see you’ve noted having tried activating a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Fifteen). Did you happen to notice any difference when you did that? How about when you deactivated all other plugins (except for The Events Calendar, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Tickets, of course)? Hoe about when you activate a default WordPress them and deactivate other plugins?

These steps are outlined in more detail in this article. Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Denise
    Participant

I did turn off all the plugins except the Events Calendar 2 that I have. and loaded up the 2013 theme, cleared the browser history, there was no difference the events calendar was still missing from the page.

There have been a few updates since I posted here but they haven’t made a difference.

If I go to Events/Settings and look in the box at the top it says “Where’s my calendar? Right Here.” When I click the link I get http://www.vineripenutrition.com/working/events/ with no calendar showing. Was there supposed to be a shortcode on the page? There isn’t one there now.

very perplexed.

Geoff

Hi Denise! Thanks for following up and sorry for the continued trouble here.

Just to confirm, are you using the latest versions of each plugin:

• The Events Calendar 3.9.3
    • WooCommerce Tickets 3.9.1
    • WooCommerce 2.3.8

I just want to make sure we’re on the same page before get too much deeper in this one.

The missing calendar link is troubling, for sure. Quick question: does this change if you go to Settings > Permalinks simply click the save button? That should flush your permalinks and hopefully get that resolved.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Denise
    Participant

OK checked the versions and it is:

The Events Calendar 3.9.3
    WooCommerce Tickets 3.9.3
    WooCommerce 2.3.8

slightly different than what you posted.

I went to Settings/permalinks and saved what was there and then looked no change still no calendar.

Geoff

Thanks Denise! You’re actually running the latest and greatest of each plugin and that 3.9.1 of mine was a typo–so we’re all good there. 🙂

The next thing I would like to try here is creating a fresh test site–this will ensure that we’ve effectively got a “clean canvas” to work with.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory, like you have with the /working directory that’s already set up
    • Don’t install anything except The Events Calendar, WooCommerce and WooCommerce Tickets
    • Please also stick to a default theme–again, there’s no need to install anything else–including your theme–just yet!
    • Create a few events and tickets so we have some test data to work with
    • Can you replicate the same problem?

If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop and let us know so we can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

Denise
    Participant

I did as suggested and created a new directory “test” with a fresh install of WordPress, and the calendar events plugins and woocommerce, using the 2013 theme. The calendar acted as it should, displaying correctly.

Oh the /working site I also have woocommerce controlling the Shop page. Could any of those settings be interfering?

Suspect settings:

Woocommerce/Settings/Products/Display
    Shop Page (left blank)
    “I did have it set to shop, but set it to the default, blank, to get some theme details to show. I did try putting the shop page back in but with no luck”

Should I uninstall the calendar event plugins, reinstall and see if that works?

Denise
    Participant

Went and looked at the settings in Events.

Events URL slug is set to events

Single event URL slug is set to events

Geoff

Hi there, Denise!

Quick question: do you have a page on your site called Events? For example, do you see another page called Events when you go to the Pages tab of the WordPress dashboard? If so, please delete that page because it would conflict with the Events archive that The Events Calendar creates to display the calendar.

If that’s not the case, we’ll try some deeper troubleshooting. 🙂

Thanks!
    Geoff

Denise
    Participant

That seemed to be the issue. Quick question when I removed the page I also lost the menu item in the navigation. I see that there are events, and event categories in the list to add to menu can they be modified to be the Menu item Events, and if I use event categories will it show all categories in the calendar or just the ones selected?

Denise
    Participant

Changing categories to Events and putting it into the menu doesn’t work. If I click the link in the setting page for Events it takes me to the calendar with this url http://www.vineripenutrition.com/working/events/

If I look at pages there isn’t an Events page so there isn’t a page to put in the navigation menu. I must be missing something.

Denise
    Participant

I created a custom link pointing to the events page from the Events/setting link located in the box at the top of the page. This seems to work. Let me know if there is a better way of doing this. Thanks for all the help.

Geoff

Nice work, Denise! I’m so glad we were able to pin down the page conflict together. 🙂

Yes, using a custom link in the menu is the best way to go here. You’re right on the mark!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread since it seems everything is back on track, but do please feel free to start a new thread if anything else comes up–we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets is missing from Events page’ is closed to new replies.