The Events Calendar: Remove Export Links – Plugin broken with new update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar: Remove Export Links – Plugin broken with new update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Reinhard
    Participant

Dear support team,

we have just updated to the latest versions of your plugins. Unfortunately the PlugIn “Remove Export Links” does not seem to be working any longer. We have quickly removed the buttons using CSS, but still – if you know what you are looking for – you can find the export links in the source code. Any quick fix to get the export links removed from the code?

Thanks in advance!

Nico

Hi there Reinhard,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I can help you here 🙂

First of all, nice work solving this temporarily with CSS! Now let’s try to find a definitive solution. I’m mostly sure this is the plugin you are using, right?

Can you please let me know if it’s not working for some views, or not working at all? Or any other comments to make sure I get the issue right?

Thanks for the report,
    Best,
    Nico

Reinhard
    Participant

Hi Nico,

thanks for your reply. Correct – the plugin you are referring to is the one that we are using to remove the export links.
    Until we applied the latest update yesterday it has worked perfectly – for all views we are using.
    After applying the update the export buttons appeared on all views.

My impression is that with your latest update, the handling of ical feeds has changed (your blog is also talking about an update on the ical feed feature: https://theeventscalendar.com/things-to-be-aware-of-in-version-4-4-of-the-events-calendar-event-tickets-and-premium-add-ons/). So it seems that with the latest code change, the “Remove Export Links”-plugin does no longer take effect.

Thanks and regards from Berlin.

Nico

Thanks for the follow-up Reinhard 🙂

I could find the culprit here (an internal code change with how classes are instantiated) and fixed the plugin for you (attached). In any case, we will be removing the knowledgebase article and building an extension for this instead. We are trying to migrate these loose support plugins into a more stable and organized directory → https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/

For now you can use the updated support plugin, and I’ll let you know when the proper extension is in place for you to us it instead 🙂

Thanks once again for the report, and please let me know if the updated plugin works for you,
    Regards from Buenos Aires,
    Nico

tribe-remove-export-links.zip

Reinhard
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar: Remove Export Links – Plugin broken with new update’ is closed to new replies.