The Events Calendar PRO & WPML permalink always ?preview=true

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO The Events Calendar PRO & WPML permalink always ?preview=true

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

Hi Guys

I’m working on a site at the moment which I’ve installed:
    The Events Calendar PRO 4.4.5,
    Community 4.4.3 and
    The filter bar 4.4.

It is also running:
    WPML Multilingual CMS 3.1.7.2,
    WPML String Translation 2.0.9.1 and
    WPML Translation Management 1.9.6

I’ve followed all of the steps in the WPML and The Events Calendar PRO guide, I’ve flushed the Permalinks cache, but now whenever I create a new event – the permalink shows up as just ?preview=true, then when you click on the post it simply redirects to the homepage of the site. Is there some kind of incompatibility between the set of plugin’s that I’m using or are there any other settings I should look at?

Alex
    Participant

I could really do with any guidance or assistance with this if possible please, I need to know if it’s a problem with The Events Calendar, WPML or the combination of the two.

Geoff B.

Good evening Alex and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered while setting up your calendar with WPML. I would love to help you with this topic.

Before we begin, please note that not all of our plugins are compatible with WPML at the time of writing: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

That means that Filter Bar and Community Events will not necessarily work to your expectation (at least for now).

That being said, another one of our customer has managed to achieve acceptable Community Events compatibility:  https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/conflict-with-wpml-anonymously-created-pending-events-hidden-in-admin-panel/

With that in mind, it does look like your events are generating just fine: http://eventscardiff.wpengine.com/event/new-test-event/ . Perhaps, you changed something since this morning ?

The ?preview=true is usually a side effect of hitting the “preview” button (when an article is not yet published).

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Alex
    Participant

Hey Geoff

Thanks for getting back to me, I’ve actually had to go a different route with this now so I turned off the WPML plugin and built something of my own (using an ACF fields and some conditional statements within the single-event.php file).

I hadn’t clicked on the preview post button – it was the permalink that would appear as I started typing the main body of the post and remained there after I clicked publish (it would only happen on Event pages though – never on the main post pages)

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Alex,

I am glad you found a workaround. Kudos.
    After all, this is the most important part!

That being said, I am rather curious to know what happened there because I want to make sure this does not happen to others.

Would you happen to have some kind of staging environment available that would allow us to investigate a bit closer ?

Otherwise, for now, I am not able to reproduce this issue unfortunately.

Let me know if we can continue this investigation.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Alex
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Thanks for getting back to me – I don’t have a staging copy of the site I’m sorry (well, this actually is the staging domain – but I’m a little hesitant to try doing anything with the WPML plugin now as I’ve spent most of the day adding conditional statements around various parts of various Modern Tribe plugins!)

I can send you a copy of the WPML plugin I am using though? So you could try installing it on a site at your end?

Thanks
    Alex

Geoff B.

Good evening Alex,

Thank you for writing back.
    I just realized that the version of WPML you are using is several versions behind the current one (your version is at least from 2014).

I know for a fact that our compatibility with WPML started after that point (some time in 2015) and that we had to work with the WPML team to achieve that.

So in short, unless you are willing to use a more recent version of WPML, I am afraid there is very little to be done in this case.

If you are up for it however and you are willing to test it out on another staging environment, we will gladly help you out.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Alex
    Participant

Hi Geoff

I’m in the UK so our timezones are well out for good morning / evening!

I suspected as much – it might be worthwhile putting the minimum support requirements on the post which explains integrating WPML with The Events Calendar – just incase someone else comes along and find’s themselves in a similar position.

Thanks for all your help with the issue though – I’ll start a new thread now with some other questions!

Cheers,
    Alex

Geoff B.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your answer.
    To your point, I always greet our customers, it’s just the nice polite thing to do 🙂

As for the minimum support requirements, I see your point.
    In fact, I just updated the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/

That being said, as you might know, in the WordPress world, in most cases plugins will only work with one another if released around the same time. This is also true of compatibility with different WordPress versions.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Geoff B.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar PRO & WPML permalink always ?preview=true’ is closed to new replies.