Conflict with WPML – anonymously created pending Events hidden in Admin Panel

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Conflict with WPML – anonymously created pending Events hidden in Admin Panel

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by boylehei.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    boylehei
    Participant

Hello

Our site uses WPML Multilingual CMS v 3.6.6, along with other WPML plugins. We’ve isolated the problem to a conflict with WPML Multilingual CMS v 3.6.6 plugin in particular.

I saw on the Known Issues page that there’s a problem with the 4.4x versions of TEC conflicting with WPML, so we’ve rolled back to the following:

the Events Calendar 4.3.5
    the Events Calendar Pro 4.3.4
    Community Events 4.3.2

The problem we’re having is that when WPML CMS is active, and an anonymous user creates an event, the event is set to Pending, but it doesn’t display with the other Pending events in Admin Panel > Events. This is happening in cases where the author id for the tribe_events post is set to 0, as it is for anonymous submissions.

As you can see, the count for “Pending” is correct, but the number that appears to the right above the Events table is missing the hidden Event post.

http://imgur.com/Kvn8rhA

If WPML is activated, all the hidden Pending events appear, and don’t disappear when WPML is reactivated. The no-author events you see in that image were all created earlier, and appeared when I deactivated the WPML plugin. I reactivated WPML and created 1 event, and that event is still hidden from the Pending list.

If I edit the hidden tribe_events records in the database and set the author_id to an admin’s user id, the events are still hidden in the Pending Events list.

Although the new pending Event is not displayed in the Events list, the site admin is receiving the email notification as set in Admin Panel > Events > Settings > Community > Alerts

Any advice or ideas? I’m happy to write PHP to get around this if I have to – maybe I should add a filter to make the author ID for anonymous events default to the admin user ID, instead of to 0?

thanks!

Note: the system information below is from my local dev environment, where I am testing. The problem also exists on the staging site at robust-month.flywheelsites.com

Geoff B.

Good evening Michelle and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You are right on every count! Kudos on the very thorough analysis.

What is going on is that only the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro support WPML integration for now: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

For the record, we are looking at making all of our plugins compatible down the road.
    But alas, I do not have a specific date for Community Events for now.

With that in mind, there is something that is worth a shot (although I cannot guarantee that this will work).

Head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:

• Clearing WPML cache
    • Using ALL the cleanup buttons on that page
    • Re-saving your permalinks

Something else that would be worth trying is to force some values by experimenting with the approach from one of our customers: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/disable-wpml-translation-for-tribe_events-2/

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

boylehei
    Participant

Hello

Following your advice, I used the wpml-config.xml file from the thread you linked to, with a couple edits for my own site. I put it in the child theme just as described.

It works like a charm. I can now add anonymous Events and see them in Admin Panel > Events > Pending. Tested and confirmed on 3 different dev installations:)

Thanks so much!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Michelle,

I am super stoked that this worked for you.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict with WPML – anonymously created pending Events hidden in Admin Panel’ is closed to new replies.