'The Event has Passed' waaay too early!

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets 'The Event has Passed' waaay too early!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

My client has honestly had nothing but struggles with this plugin (not pulling in images, not pulling in certain events at all, etc) We’ve managed to get the plugin semi-functional at this point but now we have a new issue.

ALMOST every day her wine & painting class says ‘The event has passed’ and doesn’t allow registration HOURS before the actual event! I’ve even received reports of days before an event. They have now lost a significant portion of their business’s income during this process, even after we have tried to adjust server time settings to compensate.

They actually have their events set on Eventbrite to allow registration up to 24 hours after the event date – this is a feature they would really like to see, as they have allowed people to pay after the event in the past.

Please advise as we are quickly beginning to look for an alternate solution as this plugin has been more inconsistent than a small business owner can handle.

Nico

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry to hear you are not having a satisfying experience with our products. I’m here to help and want to do whatever I can to make things right.

To better solve this issue I’ll break it down in two:

ALMOST every day her wine & painting class says ‘The event has passed’ and doesn’t allow registration HOURS before the actual event! I’ve even received reports of days before an event.

To dig into this I’ll need to know the timezone in your WP site (‘WP-Admin > Settings > General > Timezone’) and the timezone in your EventBrite event as well.

They actually have their events set on Eventbrite to allow registration up to 24 hours after the event date – this is a feature they would really like to see, as they have allowed people to pay after the event in the past.

Reviewing this from our end I found that if the Event is in the past -in EventBrite-, the Tickets Form retrieved from EventBrite is empty. So EventBrite won’t have available tickets if the Event is in the past even if the ticket’s sale end date is in the future.
    Can you describe how they set the events to allow registration after the event date?

A work-around for this limitation could be to extend the event’s end date in EventBrite so tickets are still available, and to force the Event in WordPress to show the Tickets Form even if End Date (in WordPress) has passed. Please let me know if this might work for your case and I’ll prepare a code snippet to achieve it.

Another thing that might be happening is the situation described in this thread: Ticket purchase iframe disappears from Eventbrite event days before event ends. Does the site have multiple Admin Users?

Looking forward to solving this,
    Best,
    Nico

Daniel
    Participant

The timezone in wordpress:
    Timezone in WordPress

Event in WordPress:
    Event in WordPress

Eventbrite Settings:
    Eventbrite Settings

Setting the event to allow tickets AFTER the event:
    After event

force the Event in WordPress to show the Tickets Form even if End Date (in WordPress) has passed. Please let me know if this might work for your case and I’ll prepare a code snippet to achieve it.
    This would be absolutely helpful

Another thing that might be happening is the situation described in this thread: Ticket purchase iframe disappears from Eventbrite event days before event ends. Does the site have multiple Admin Users?
    The link to eventbrite is intact as evidenced by the screenshots, so I don’t think this is our issue.

Nico

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the follow-up! All I can say is that configuration looks fine, so not sure about what’s happening here.

Do you have events that are not linked to EB? They seem to ‘end’ earlier as well or you can confirm this is only happening to events linked to EB? Can you identify a pattern in how earlier events ‘end’ (eg: the all end 6 hours earlier)?

A bug has been confirmed last week: ‘Editing an imported event from EB gets EB event start/end dates unexpectedly changed’. I wonder if you are editing the events once they are imported and this is affecting your EB event as well.

Regarding the snippet to ‘always’ show the tickets iframe, just paste this code into your ‘functions.php’ file:

https://gist.github.com/niconerd/aee031e24985efda41b3

Tested with 3.10 versions of The Event Calendar and EventBrite Tickets. Have you updated to 3.10? Let me know and I’ll test it / modify it to work with 3.9 versions of the plugins.

Let me know about the follow-up questions and if the snippet works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘'The Event has Passed' waaay too early!’ is closed to new replies.