Testing Plugin before purchasing

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Testing Plugin before purchasing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wenjyun
    Participant

Hi,

We want to test your plugin before purchase to make sure it works for us. Two questions.

1. Why does the mobile view of your event table only show dots, instead of titles? (See screenshot)
    2. How come there are no Google map links on the individual events (when default is Month View), but yet there are Google map links when the default view is List View?

Geoff B.

Good evening wenjyun and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I would love to help you with this topic.

1. Why does the mobile view of your event table only show dots, instead of titles? (See screenshot)

This is the default behaviour of our Mobile interface.

The dots represent days with events.

Clicking on these dots will display the events for that day.

You can modify that behaviour and the display for mobile using simple template customizations.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

2. How come there are no Google map links on the individual events (when default is Month View), but yet there are Google map links when the default view is List View?

Once again this is simply a matter of default behaviour.

Most of our views have been built with default display elements that would be useful to the greatest number of our customers possible.

But, since everybody has slightly different needs, we also made sure that it is possible to easily modify each view exactly to your liking.

Let me know if you need help to get started with customizations.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

wenjyun
    Participant

So you are saying both issues that I am having is due to the default design of the plugin?
    In order to make it the way I am looking for, we need to do customization?

Do you have manual / documentation to make these changes?
    What does it take (cost wise) to customize it?

Geoff B.

Good evening wenjyun,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

I would like to answer your follow-up questions.

So you are saying both issues that I am having is due to the default design of the plugin?

Yes, I am saying that the default design of the views does not seem to be matching the specific requirements of what you are trying to accomplish.

In order to make it the way I am looking for, we need to do customization?

Yes, and this is something we are actually excited about.
    We made sure to build our plugins in such a way that it is simple to modify the different views to fit your exact needs.

Do you have manual / documentation to make these changes?

Yes we do. You might want to read our Themer’s guide ( https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide ) to get a sense of how that works.

Simply put:

1. You find the file of the view you want to create and download it.
    2. You edit this file to your liking (you can even borrow code from the other views – e.g.: the Google map link)
    3. You create a  /tribe-events/ folder in your childtheme’s or theme’s folder
    4. You upload the modified files in that folder as per the themer’s guide paths

You could even completely disable the mobile views altogether with mobile breakpoints if you choose to do so.

If coding is not really your thing, you could hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Let me know if you need help getting started.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

wenjyun
    Participant

Can you please see why your event page has a strange footer following it: http://rhythmspace.net/blog/events/
    How do I remove all footer from your event page?

Here is the template code I am using, please advice?

<?php
    /**
     * Template Name: Landing Blank Page
     **/
    get_header();?>
    	<div id="main-home-content" class="home-content home-page container" role="main">
    		<?php
    		// Start the Loop.
    		while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
    			the_content();
    		endwhile;
    		?>
    	</div><!-- #main-content -->
    </div></div></div>
    <?php wp_footer(); ?>

Geoff B.

Good evening wenjyun,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.

We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

With that in mind, what is going on is that our calendar plugin relies on WordPress archives as opposed to “real pages” for rendering purposes.

If you have not done so already, I would highly recommend trying different settings under Events -> Settings -> Display for Events Template to see which one has the better rendering.

Normally, you should be able to work with the default Events template found under /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/default-template.php and use that as a model.

As an alternative our the Events Calendar Pro offers full calendar shortcodes which would allow you to simply use a normal page for your calendar.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

wenjyun
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Glad you told me the pro version would allow me to use shortcode on a page to generate calendar so I can get rid off this funky looking footer generated by the page itself. Thanks!

When using shortcode, am I able to call for Google Map links to be included in the Monthly view?
    (We like the monthly view, but it’s crucial to have map link so people can find us) Can Pro do that?

Geoff B.

Good morning wenjyun,

I am glad to know my earlier answer was helpful to you.

When using shortcode, am I able to call for Google Map links to be included in the Monthly view? (We like the monthly view, but it’s crucial to have map link so people can find us) Can Pro do that?

The short answer is that you can customize any view to your liking using the themer’s guide mentioned earlier.

In other words, you could simply “steal” the code from the list view and implement it in the monthly view.

That being said, the Pro version also offers the Map view which might be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

wenjyun
    Participant

We purchased Event Aggregator, is it different than a a Event Calendar Pro license?
    Is it two separate bill? or having Event Aggregator is as a pro version?

Geoff B.

Good evening Wenjyun,

Event aggregator is a completely separate product than the Events Calendar Pro.
    That being said, we do offer some bundles: https://theeventscalendar.com/bundles/

But, if you just need Event Aggregator and the Events Calendar Pro, than it seems like you will need to make an additional purchase.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Testing Plugin before purchasing’ is closed to new replies.