Termly Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Termly Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kerry

Hi,
    I can’t find this exact question, so if I’ve missed it in another thread, I apologise.

I run multiple classes. Each class is a term long (8 weeks). I set them up as a series, but I’m not sure that’s what I should be doing. Half way through each term, I decide if the same class will be on for the next term. If so, I call it another name and create a whole new event and series.

In my mind, I should be able to create an ever lasting event and for that event which is for example Monday classes, I sell tickets (I only want to be able to sell 12 tickets of a type). I sell for example Term 1 2018 tickets and those tickets apply for each week of an 8 week block. I also want to be able to sell an individual ticket for an individual session within that term block.

Hopefully this makes sense and there is an easy way to do it, as I have ended up with a lot of different events possibly unnecessarily.

Thanks,

Kerry

Cliff

Hi, Kerry. You mentioned a recurrence series (a feature of Events Calendar PRO), but you posted in thePre-Sales area of our Help Desk from a user account that doesn’t have any purchases associated with it (or accidentally if you forgot to login first).

If you do have a paid account login with at least one current license, please login to that account and then post in one of the paid forums.

If you don’t have a paid account login, I’m afraid we’re not equipped to provide technical support for current plugin users here in the Pre-Sales area. If you’re using one of our free plugins, such as The Events Calendar or Event Tickets, you can request assistance on their respective WordPres.org Support Forums (we do not provide technical support for users there, either–only via our paid forums).

===

We do not provide a “bookings” solution. The closest thing we have–in concept–is tickets for recurring events… however, this functionality does not currently exist but is on our long-term roadmap.

Our ticketing product also doesn’t currently support PRO’s recurring events.

If you start to create a ticket for a recurring event, there will be a little question mark notice that reads:

Currently, tickets will only show up on the frontend once per full event. For PRO users this means the same ticket will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.

You should add your vote to this existing feature request for Event Tickets to support PRO’s recurring events.

Something some users are doing right now is using PRO’s recurring events to populate their events calendar but then breaking each occurrence from the series to turn them into single events — basically using PRO as an event generator but not actually using its recurring events functionality on the front-end. Others are just dealing with the tickets on recurring events even though you can’t then tell which occurrence they reserved the ticket for… use this information for your own reference but please don’t take it as any sort of recommendation.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Last but not least, we have Bundles and a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

===

Possibly helpful references:

Thank you for your understanding and thank you for using our plugins.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Termly Events’ is closed to new replies.