Syncing Google Calendar with Events Calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Syncing Google Calendar with Events Calendar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

We used to use google calendar in our website but have moved to Events Calendar, it is a much nicer calendar.

However, on the back end for day to day operations we still utilize google calendar. Is there a way to sync the events calendar or subscribe to it so that it will update automatically? I know you can export a month but with changes, its not a good solution. I don’t want to have to go back to Google on our website because of it.

Cliff

Hi Daniel.

Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite. I’m glad you’re liking The Events Calendar so far.

We do have iCal Importer (soon to be replaced by Event Aggregator), but these are not 2-way / full sync. Instead, it’s only a way to bring data into your WordPress site’s calendar.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Daniel

I don’t want to bring our calendar into events, I want to export the events calendar to google. You can do it for a month’s events but wanted to know if it would do all events.

Giving me a chance to refund an add on is not helping to be honest. A Little disappointed.

Cliff

Thanks for clarifying.

Here’s an installable .zip file (install it at your Plugins screen) that adds two URLs:

1. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=recently-published
    2. example.com/events/?ical=1&tribe_display=year

The first is useful when folks are trying to use the iCal importer to pull events from one website to another. It will contain any recently published or modified events. Note: It is subject to the postsperpage setting in WP-Admin > Events > Settings.

The second exports this year’s events (from January through December).

If preferable, there’s a code snippet to share just the events one year out from today. Let me know if this plugin works for you or if you want the code for exporting one year from today.

David

Hi CLiff,

This plugin is brilliant, however can I obtain the code to show the events one year from today’s date ?

Cliff

Sure thing. Please reference this code snippet:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/ab1f7c4d95723ee6f892

Let me know if you need anything else.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Syncing Google Calendar with Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.