Support for overall number of tickets for an event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Support for overall number of tickets for an event

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Lee
    Participant

Hi,
    This has already been covered in this thread but since it was almost 4 months ago and it’s something really key to using the plugin on a project I thought it was worth mentioning again or at least adding our support to.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/inventory-hide-out-of-stock-items/

Our client has several types of tickets for an event (adult, concession, child, etc) but one overall capacity for an event. So selling any type of ticket would subtract one from the total number of tickets left.

The mix of tickets for the event isn’t important – there’s not a specific number of adult tickets, child tickets, etc. All that is important is the overall number of tickets sold.

Is this something you plan on supporting soon or is there any way this could be achieved with custom development?

Thanks.

Barry

Hi Lee.

Both those items are on our issue tracker – when/if these particular ideas will be integrated is still something we need to reach a decision on, however.

The first item, hiding out of stock tickets, is currently possible – it just requires some customization work.

The second item, where a collective pool of tickets is required for an event, has a lot of merit and you’re not the only person to ask for it – but even if this can be readily accomplished it may still be some way off, particularly as the structure of WooCommerce has changed significantly with its latest release.

Schalk Joubert
    Participant

I second the above feature.
    I just purchased WooTickets, as I want to move away from EventEspresso.
    Without the option to have a pool for various tickets types, I will need to go back to EventEspresso… and I really don’t want to…
    Please please put this at the top of the queue!
    Many thanks

Barry

Both your comments definitely lend weight to this feature request and I’ll be sure to annotate that on our issue tracker.

Thanks!

Schalk Joubert
    Participant

Thank you Barry, Great news.
    I will keep an eye out for any further development on this.
    May I ask to post an update here once you know a bit more, whether the team decided to work on this and/or an ETA.
    Thank you very much.
    Schalk

Barry

Sure, feel free – just be aware there may not be an immediate decision on this.

Schalk Joubert
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Being new to the forum, the default intro line of the notification email got my hopes high, which is why i though there might be a solution soon.
    “Hi there. Good news! There’s been a follow-up to your post.”
    Anyway, I have to make a decision as to the way forward, and I understand you can’t make promises, but do you have any idea whether and when you might implement this feature?
    Also, do you mind if I re-post this in the feature request, in order to find out more from others out there in need of the same feature, and also if anybody maybe solved this somehow.

This link shows how I currently use this feature with Event Espresso:
    http://www.moonstone.co.za/events/
    Thanks
    Schalk

Schalk Joubert
    Participant

… and if I may bribe you Barry… we have some awesome surf around my hometown; Cape Town, Sunny South Africa.

Barry

Hi Schalk,

I’d love to be able to give you more to work on here but I’m afraid I can’t. Decisions as to what new features will and won’t “make the cut” are still being made and the team’s primary focus, for the time being, remains on the development and release of The Events Calendar 3.0.

So, regrettably, I can’t yet indicate if this feature will be taken up.

I would however love to visit Cape Town – I suspect the water is a degree or two warmer than it is here in the west of Canada 🙂

Schalk Joubert
    Participant

Hi Barry
    Thank you for your feedback and understand. yet I added thos to the usrevoice feature request; So anybody who are in need of the same feature, PLEASE add your vote here: http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3802295-set-overall-number-of-tickets-remaining-for-all-ti

Schalk Joubert
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Definitely – UserVoice is a great tool and we try to scan it as often as possible.

Schalk Joubert
    Participant
    Barry

Thanks Schalk!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Support for overall number of tickets for an event’ is closed to new replies.