Summer Time One Hour Change

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Summer Time One Hour Change

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Barry Wales
    Participant

I have just noticed on my website that recurring events that span the last weekend of March when Summer Time starts, that is, clocks go forward one hour in the UK, are showing the wrong time. Where the time should be, for example 11.00am. the event is showing 10.00am after the weekend.

I have checked the time zone settings in the Miscellaneous Settings page it is set at “Use the local timezones for each event”.

I had this problem last year and had to recreate separate recurring events after the time change weekend.

I have checked the site using the 2016 theme as well

The website is http://harefieldchurch.org

Any ideas.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. Sorry for the issues.

We did have a fix in the plugin for this, but not able to find out why it regressed back.

We have a new ticket to address this, but for now you would have to use your workaround for creating the events before and after the time change.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Frederick Brockmann
    Participant

I see that there was an update AFTER this post, but I am still having this exact issue. I have parred my site down to the stock (2015 in this case) theme and NO other plugins – still off by one hour.

None of the events were imported, all were created within The Events Calendar on the WP editor.

Is there a fix coming? I have many, many, many recurring events and it would be a huge time suck to have to re-create all of them twice a year!

Thank

Gus

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Gus,

We are working on a fix for the next maintenance release. I do not have a timeline beyond that right now unfortunately.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We weren’t able to get a fix for it into our upcoming release (4.1). However, please know that the problem is still on our radar and is ticketed within our system to be addressed in a future maintenance release. We’ll do our best to keep you posted when we are able to get a solution in place. Thank you for your patience while we improve and expand our plugins.

Best,
    Leah

Brook
    Participant

I just wanted to thank you once again for reaching out to us about this. We just released a new version of The Events Calendar and all of its addons that contains a fix for this.

Our blog post with the full details: The Events Calendar 4.1.4 and premium add-ons

We recommend updating as soon as you can to get the latest patches. Please let us know if this fixes the bug you have been experiencing or if you have any follow up questions. Thank you again!

– Brook

Barry Wales
    Participant

I have updated to the latest release and it has not solved the problem on my website. My existing recurring items still have the problem.
    I have tried amending them and resaving them, I have created a new recurring item and the problem still persists with them being an hour out.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not able to reproduce the issue on my test site.

Can you please provide a screenshot of your recurring settings for a new event?

WordPress Timezone
    Also, what is your WordPress Settings here:

Admin > Settings > General > Timezone

Next to the timezone it displays Local and UTC time, please provide that as well. It should be something like this:

UTC time is 2015-09-11 16:26:23 Local time is 2015-09-11 12:26:23

Timezone Settings
    What are your two settings here:

Events > Settings > General Tab > Timezone Settings

Let me know and we can go from here to resolve this.

Thanks

Barry Wales
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for providing that information.

I used all the settings you have and the time stayed at 8am to 9am for all the recurring events in the series.

So I am not sure why it is not working for you, but works for me.

To get some more information please provide your system information in a private reply:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks

Barry Wales
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry Wales
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry Wales
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for providing that information.

Sorry for not being clear in the future you can copy the content and paste the text into one private reply instead of taking screenshots.

Anyway I did notice something in the information so it is helpful.

I noticed you are using Series Engine and we have had conflicts with that in the past.

If you follow the steps outlined here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/series-engine-compatibility/

Does that help fix the issue on a new event?

Let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Summer Time One Hour Change’ is closed to new replies.