Suddenly no events on home page!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Suddenly no events on home page!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Colin Carmichael
    Participant

My home page (currently set to Photo) show no events! If I manually set it to photos (or any other setting), they all show up fine.

Home page: https://huron.buzz/
    Photo display: https://huron.buzz/events/photo/

These should show the EXACT same thing (which is a duplicate content issue for another post).

Colin

Patricia

Hey Colin,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your calendar. Let me help you to solve this!

To get started, could you please let us know how are you adding the calendar to your homepage? Are you using a shortcode? A Widget? Could you please read the following article and make sure that you followed all necessary steps to add the calendar to your homepage?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-make-your-calendar-your-sites-home-page/

Has this issue started recently (after an update of the plugin or theme) or the calendar never appeared on your homepage?

Thanks!

Patricia

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

This has worked this way for over a year, and I have made no changes to the theme. I use the “primary method” to display my events on my home page — and that is working correctly because you can see the calendar content there – but it says no results found. The only change has been the plugin updates.

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Any updates? I’ve had no events on my homepage for DAYS!

Patricia

Hi Colin,

I hope you’re having a good week/day. Firstly, I’d like to apologize for the delay in response. Thank you for your patience all this while! It’s been really busy in the forums lately, and we’re doing our best to adhere to our Scope of Support / Terms for you and everyone else.

I’ve ran some tests and reproduced the issue you are experiencing in my local install. You’re the first person to report this, so thank you!

I’ve added the issue to our internal bug report. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now, but the good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a solution is available.

Right now, downgrading The Events Calendar to version 4.6.8 solves the problem. We have a useful article explaining how to downgrade your plugin here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Thank you for your patience and understanding and if you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Patricia

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Any updates? I still have no events on my homepage…

Patricia

Hi Colin,

I’ve just reviewed our internal bug report and a fix is planned to be released during this week!

We will contact you as soon as we have more information on this.

Thank you for your patience! If you have any other questions in the mean time, please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Soooo…. next week, then?

Patricia

Hi Colin,

Could you please let me know if you have or had the following extension enabled in your site in the past?

Advanced Options for Adding Events to the Main Blog Loop

If you do, please follow these steps and let me know if the problem is solved after that:

• Install and activate the tribe-ext-main-blog-loop extension.
    • Go to Events > Settings, disable/uncheck the “Include events in main blog loop” checkbox and press the Save button
    • Access your site’s homepage and check if the events are being correctly displayed.

Thanks!

Patricia

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

SIX weeks later, and all I had to do was uncheck the “Include events in main blog loop” option? No extension necessary. No-one over there could have suggested this a month ago? This is a plugin I PAY for and generate revenue from – when it works… so very frustrated.

Patricia

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your confirmation and my apologies for the delayed response. We have maintenance releases running every two weeks to address issues reported to us in the support forums and we prioritize the fixes based on the number of users affected by the bug and severity. This specific bug was selected to be part of our current maintenance release (that initiated last week), that’s the reason why you didn’t receive any updates earlier. I’m sorry if I wasn’t clear about this in my previous responses.

During last week we also had a delay in the process because on one else on the team was able to reproduce the issue until we identified a database error that pointed us to the right direction: the “Include events in main blog loop” option.

Unfortunately disabling this option is not a definitive solution to the problem: it’s just one more workaround available, in addition to the one we already provided earlier in this thread: (downgrading The Events Calendar to version 4.6.8). Now that we know the cause of the issue, we can start working on a solution that is expected to be released soon.

We apologize again for any frustrations this problem may have caused. You will be contacted as soon as a solution is available.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Patricia

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Colin!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-15-april-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Well, that’s great but the Facebook import issue has rendered my site useless.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Suddenly no events on home page!’ is closed to new replies.