Subscription

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Subscription

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AJ

Is there a way to allow users to “subscribe” to your calendar so if I add events in the future they dynamically show up on their iCal or gCal?

Thanks!

AJ

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi AJ,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

There is not currently an out of the box way for users to have events automatically pulled in from your site onto other calendars. However, users can subscribe to your calendar’s RSS feed, and there are also options for manually exporting events. For example, users can click the “Export Events” buttons located beneath your calendar views to download an iCal/ICS file of the events displayed in that view, which they can then import into their own calendars. We have some more information on exporting events here.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase if you’re not satisfied with our products, so feel free to test them out and see if they’ll work for you! If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

AJ

Thanks Jennifer. Can you please tell me more about this RSS feed option? I can only find bits and pieces of it on the website.

Thanks,

AJ

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi AJ,

Sure! If you’re not familiar with RSS, I would recommend reading over this article. Essentially, The Events Calendar generates a feed of events, ordered by their start date, which can then be imported by other sites with an RSS feed reader automatically. You can find this feed at yoursite.com/events/rss. So, for people to subscribe to your calendar via RSS, they would need to be set up to accept the RSS feed. For example, I found this from Zapier, which sets up your Google calendar to automatically create events based on information received from an RSS feed.

I know it isn’t the most straightforward solution, but it is the closest thing we currently have available to subscriptions out of the box. It’s possible, but would require a bit of configuration on the user’s end if they are not currently set up with a calendar that can create events from RSS feeds or another RSS reader.

I hope that helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Subscription’ is closed to new replies.