Subscribing to a ICS file URL?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Subscribing to a ICS file URL?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Is there a way to subscribe to a ICS file url? If not, won’t this need to be downloaded and imported again and again to stay current?

for example: webcal://website.com/calendar/events.ics

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey James,

A site visitor can subscribe to an archive view or import a single event (not subscribe)

If you’d like to swap webcal for http on your site, there is a snippet to do so here. Hopefully that will do what you wish.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask!

Cheers,

Stephen

James
    Participant

Sorry, I must not have explained myself correctly. I would like to import events to my calendar using an ICS file URL, not just import the file.

Thanks again,
    James

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey James,

Sorry, I must have misunderstood!

If I am understanding you correctly, you can set up an import from a feed/url (instructions are here) and you can save it as a scheduled import. It will then re-import based on your schedule. There is documentation on managing scheduled imports here.

If that doesn’t accomplish what you want or you have any follow-up questions – don’t hesitate to ask me!

Cheers,

Stephen

Emmett
    Participant

Just wondering if there was ever answer to this – it seems that there is not in fact a way to subscribe to the an ics file url like the one shown here. From your own documentation it says that ICS and CSV calendar info must be imported manually and cannot be scheduled. Is there another way?

Stephen Page
    Keymaster

Hey Emmet,

If you are using event aggregator, you’ll note that if you choose CSV or iCal file it prompts you for a file upload (which you correctly pointed out cannot be scheduled). If you want to subscribe to a file url you would use the “Other URL” import type, which can be scheduled.

Hope that helps you both!

Cheers,

Stephen

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Subscribing to a ICS file URL?’ is closed to new replies.