Subscribe

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Subscribe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniella Norwood

Are there subscribe options like there are for the All in one plugin? Example can be seen on questschool.org on the homepage where the events are listed and there are options to add the calendar to Outlook, iCal, etc. Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Daniella,

A number of “subscription” and “export” options are indeed provided out-of-the-box. For example, check out our official demo site here → http://wpshindig.com/events

☝️ If you scroll down you’ll see some export links at the bottom of page—these kinds of links are provided out-of-the-box with The Events Calendar, and an RSS feed of events is provided too by going to {site URL}/events/feed.

Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with!

— George

John Ivance

The “Export” option appears to be a “one-time” action, not an actual subscription to the calendar.

Is there a way to actually subscribe to the events calendar so that new events that I add, or updates I make to existing events, are updated automatically on a users calendar?

Daniella
    Participant

Yes, John’s comment is what I need.

George
    Participant

The export option is indeed a one-time thing.

True “subscription” is only available in two ways: by activating Event Aggregator (which is built into The Events Calendar), or RSS.

Method One: Event Aggregator

In the next release of The Events Calendar (version 4.5), there is an update to Event Aggregator that will make it so that you can subscribe to a The Events Calendar calendar. (So as long as both the calendar that is being subscribed to and the one doing the subscribing are both running The Events Calendar 4.5!).

Alternatively, you can also use Event Aggregator to run a “scheduled import” that grabs the iCal export version of a The Events Calendar calendar and imports it on the schedule you specify.

You can learn more about Event Aggregator here → https://theeventscalendar.com/product/event-aggregator/

Method Two: RSS

Aside from the Event Aggregator options, there is only the RSS feed option. So if your site is example.com/events, you could “subscribe” to the RSS feed of events by appending /feed/ to the calendar URL, so in this example it would be: example.com/events/feed

I hope this information helps!
    George

Faith

We have lodging members in our region who historically have printed out upcoming events from our calendar to give to their guests. Someone asked us for an RSS feed. I tried using the one that George noted. The page looks like just HTML with no CSS. It isn’t really usable for me to send to our members to print out. Here is the site: http://berkshires.org/events/feed/

Any ideas how I can find something easier to send to our members so they are aware of our events and can communicate them to their guests?

George
    Participant

Hey Faith,

The generation of your site’s RSS feed for events is not working as it should be. This could be happening for a number of reasons, but the point is that something on your site is breaking The Events Calendar’s feed there.

These forums here are our “Pre-sales Questions” forums, so we unfortunately cannot work on technical support questions here. It doesn’t currently appear that you have a premium license with us. If this is wrong, and you do have a premium license with us, then apologies for my misunderstanding!

However, in that case please log into the account on this site that has your premium license, and then post this question in a premium support forum.

If you indeed do not have a premium license, then please post your question in our free support forums here → http://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar

We check those forums a bit more than once per week, so hopefully we will be able to get to your question there. From there we can hopefully try and figure out why the RSS feed is failing to render properly.

Other than the RSS feed, the only other options are the ones I mentioned above in this thread.

Thank you,
    George

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Subscribe’ is closed to new replies.