Submitting/Creating Event Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Submitting/Creating Event Error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

The events calendar is producing an error everytime I try to create an event. It shows a “Event Start Time is required, Event End Time is required” even though a valid start and end date is entered.

Error

Nico

Hi there Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear about this issue. Let’s see what’s going on…

First let me start by saying I’m not able to reproduce this in my local install, and couldn’t find any related bugs that might be causing this. This doesn’t mean the issue is not legit, but that it will require a bit of troubleshooting to identify the cause.

Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins. It would be grat if you could verify if deactivating Events Calendar PRO helps in some way.

Best,
    Nico

Eric Reynolds
    Participant

I had the same error display upon submitting an event. I discovered that the issue was related to the tribe-events directory in my child theme directory. Removing the directory resolved the issue.

After the latest update, I suppose that some of the child theme directory files in tribe-events > community need to be replaced with new files from the updated plugin. Of course, any additions or revisions to these child theme files should be copied over.

I hope this helps.

🙂 Eric

Nico

Thanks so much for the heads-up here Eric 🙂

Matt, be sure to test this with a default theme to see if you are also being affected by an out dated template override or snippet.

Best,
    Nico

Matt
    Participant

Hi Nico and Eric,
    I’ve deleted the folder on the child-theme directory, and it submits fine now but there’s another problem – whatever I submit doesn’t show up on the calendar. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!

Matt
    Participant

Never mind, fixed it. Thanks!

Nico

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the heads-up on the resolution of the issue 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Submitting/Creating Event Error’ is closed to new replies.