Submit Button

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Submit Button

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rachel
    Participant

Hi!

I want some of our users to be able to update information about their own events directly to our site. Ideally, I’d like their events to have a pending status so they can be approved by someone on staff at my organization.

Any ideas for the best way to get a submit button on my events calendar that works that way?

Thank you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ennis,

Thanks for reaching out!

Users who are logged in should see a View Your Submitted Events button which will allow them to see all of the events they submitted, and they can edit them from there.

To have events submitted into pending status, you can go to Events > Settings > Community and set the Default status for submitted events setting to Draft. This will require an admin to publish it to the site.

Does this work for you? Please let me know if you have any questions on this!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Rachel
    Participant

Thanks for your response, Jennifer! I’ll use your tips in my next steps.

However, I’m currently trying to find the option to enable a “Submit Your Own Event” option in the first place. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ennis,

Thanks for clarifying! There is not a button or anything that gets created automatically for users to submit events – I know that can be a bit confusing!

You can add this however by using a link to the front end form wherever you would like, such as on a button or in your navigation menu. You can get the link by copying it from the page itself (if you’re logged in, you should see an Events label in your admin bar, and you can get to the form page from there).

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need any help with this!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Rachel
    Participant

Awesome, thanks Jennifer! We’re getting closer to solving this problem. I don’t have a “Community Events: Submit Form” option in my Events menu on WordPress. I attached a screenshot of my Events menu for your convenience.

Thank you!!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ennis,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot! Can you go under Plugins and double check that Community Events is activated? I’m not seeing it show up in your system information. The“Community Events: Submit Form” should show up in your menu right away once the plugin is activated. If not, you may try reinstalling it and see if that gets it to appear.

Let me know if that works!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Rachel
    Participant

Thanks, Jennifer! I didn’t realize that I needed another plugin to get that feature on my calendar. I just purchased the Community Events plugin and set everything up seamlessly. Thanks for your help and for helping make such a great product!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Glad to hear you got this figured out, and thanks for the kind words! At least now you have some tips for getting Community Events set up.  : )

Since this thread has been marked “resolved”, I’ll go ahead and close it out. But please feel free to open a new one if you have any more questions or need any help getting it configured.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Submit Button’ is closed to new replies.