Change where the link from the submission form is displayed

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Change where the link from the submission form is displayed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    planatstudio
    Participant

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have added a custom field to my events registration page, with the help of Advanced Custom Fields. This field allows to add a link to the single event page, which if present sends the user to a external site where they can sign up for the event.

Now, the Community Events registration form allows to add a link to the event, which shows up in the right sidebar. However I want to give this link the same function as my ACF custom field. In other words, I’d like to change the location where this link is being displayed to the end user.

Do you know how to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance 🙂

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by planatstudio.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi planatstudio,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you share with me a mockup or some screenshots so I see what exactly you would like to achieve? How it looks like now and how you would like it to look?

Thanks,
    Andras

planatstudio
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

After reviewing your request this essentially looks like a custom development task and so is outside of our stated scope of support.

With that being said, we’d love to help point you in the right direction.

If you’d prefer not to tackle this customization on your own, we may be able to assist you further. We do need to prioritize support requests from other customers at this time but I’ll certainly flag this with the team and – although we can’t make any promises – if we have time and space to come back and help, we’ll be happy to do so.  Please let us know if you’d like to go this route so that you can be added to this queue.

If you urgently need help with this, however, you may instead wish to consider working with a suitably skilled developer or designer who can offer the additional level of support you require.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

planatstudio
    Participant

Hello Andras,

Thanks for your reply. I can do the customization on my own, but I hope you can point me in the right direction. Do you have any tips or guidelines to share with my in order to make a customization like this?

I know how to edit template files and to make use of hooks and filters. But I don’t know which file or hook i need in order to make this customization. If you could provide me with that information, that would be excellent 🙂

Many thanks in advance!

Andras
    Keymaster

I’ll try to check what can be done. Please hang in there.

A.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

I reached out to my team for a bit of help on this.

You could try this function to check whether you are on the community submission page:

Does this help you get started? Do you need anything else?

A.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Change where the link from the submission form is displayed’ is closed to new replies.