Strange interferences between start date and event-post date

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Strange interferences between start date and event-post date

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by valerio.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    valerio
    Participant

Hi all,
    I can always reproduce the following very strange issue:
    1. I create my event (form filled, without saving);
    2. I create my ticket;
    3. I Save the event.
    The start selling date of my ticket is changed in my post creation date / time.

Same thing for event creation + edit:
    1. I create my event (form filled > publish);
    2. I add ticket for the event > save ticket;
    3. Edit / Save event
    The start selling date of my ticket is changed in my post creation date / time.

Any idea about that?

I created a copy of my site to reproduce this strange issue and I made some experiments about template / plugin compatibility.
    The issue is always reproduced also if I disable all the plugins that are not useful for the main ticket creation workflow.
    So I just kept installed:

Event manager
    Tickets man. + pro
    Woocommerce

I also updated all the plugin involved @ all their last versions.
    If it’s a bug it’s very important to fix that error.

Thanks.
    V.

Patricia

Hey Valerio,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I’ve ran some tests and couldn’t reproduce the error with all Modern Tribe plugins installed and up-to-date.

To get started, can you please let is know when this issue started happening? Have you just installed Event Tickets Plus for the first time and found this problem? Have you had the plugin installed for a long time and then this suddenly started happening out of nowhere? Any information you can provide on the history of how this used to not happen up to now when it is happening can be helpful!

Also, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share with us any messages you see while creating new events and tickets? All WP_DEBUG messages will be stored in a debug.log file in /wp-content.

I would also recommend you to open up your browser’s console and see if there are any relevant errors while creating new events and tickets. Identifying a specific error can help us research further.

Also, please share your system info with us.

Thanks!

Patricia

valerio
    Participant

Hi Patricia.

I’ve ran some tests and couldn’t reproduce the error with all Modern Tribe plugins installed and up-to-date.

My testing site is completely up to date.

To get started, can you please let is know when this issue started happening?

One of the last update. About on 16 Dec.

Have you just installed Event Tickets Plus for the first time and found this problem?

Site was correctly running from last spring.

Have you had the plugin installed for a long time and then this suddenly started happening out of nowhere?

See above.

Also, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share with us any messages you see while creating new events and tickets? All WP_DEBUG messages will be stored in a debug.log file in /wp-content.

Enabled yet. No errors.

I would also recommend you to open up your browser’s console and see if there are any relevant errors while creating new events and tickets. Identifying a specific error can help us research further.

I don’t see any error in the console.

Also, please share your system info with us.

In a private reply, with codes to access my test site.
    VERY IMPORTANT: error happens only during the first edit.
    So these are the two workflow in which you can reproduce the error:

1. Create the event (form filled, without saving);
    2. Create ticket;
    3. Save the event.
      The start selling date of my ticket is changed in post creation date / time.

Same for event creation + edit:
    1. Create event (form filled > publish);
    2. Add ticket for the event > save ticket;
    3. Edit / Save event
    The start selling date of the ticket is changed in eventpost creation date / time.

Thanks.

valerio
    Participant

This reply is private.

valerio
    Participant

This reply is private.

valerio
    Participant

Friendly bumb… so sorry…

Patricia

Hi Valerio,

I hope you’re having a good week/day. Firstly, I’d like to apologize for the delay in response. It’s been really busy in the forums lately, and we’re doing our best to adhere to our Scope of Support / Terms for you and everyone else.

I’ve just accessed your site and can confirm that this is a bug. You’re the first person to report this, so thank you!

I’ve added the issue to our internal bug report. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now, but the good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a solution is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and if you have any other questions in the meantime, please let me know!

Best Regards,

Patricia

valerio
    Participant

Hi Patricia,
    Can you please provide a quick hack on this, just to correctly serve my client while waiting for the final fix in the new release?
    Also a quick clue on how to proceed will be usefull.
    Thanks
    v.

valerio
    Participant

Friendly bump!

Patricia

Hey Valerio,

I’m sorry about the delay! To temporarily prevent your start sale date to be changed on event submission, you can simply bypass the function that updates the Start date of all non-modified tickets when an Ticket supported Post is saved. To do this you will have to comment line 268 in the following file:

event-tickets/src/Tribe/Tickets_Handler.php

The line you’ll comment is this one:

//update_post_meta( $ticket, $update_meta, $date );

Please note that this is not a definitive/ideal solution: I’ll talk to one of our developers and let you know as soon as I have more updates.

Thanks!

Patricia

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Strange interferences between start date and event-post date’ is closed to new replies.