strange behaviour on fetching from facebook when there are not upcoming events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator strange behaviour on fetching from facebook when there are not upcoming events

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Gaetano Rosciano - USATOTECA di Gaetano Rosciano.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello. now with the last version of the Events Calendar i have an issue:

when i try to fetch from facebook and there are not upcoming events the following message is showed:

“There was an error fetching the results from your import: No upcoming Facebook events found”

Before also when there was not any upcoming events i could retrieve from facebook the organizer (even if the fields of events were empty) and save it for future fetch.

this was very useful because scheduling the fetching of events as soon the organizer was publishing a new event i could automatically retrieve it.

I hope you will recovery the previous situation because was the reason i bought every plugin needed.

thank you for your kind answer Gaetano Vaffangiro

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Gaetano!

Thanks for getting in touch with us and reporting this.

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. I could reproduce this behaviour in my own local installation, so I have logged a report for this so it can be addressed in one of our future maintenance releases.

I will change this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we’ll let you know as soon as the fix is released.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Björn Pettersson
    Participant

I have the same problem!

Looking forward to getting the fix for this issue!

//Björn

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks for chiming in Björn!

We’ll let you know here as soon as a fix is released for this issue.

If you subscribed to receive updates on this thread, you will receive an email when we post here.

Best,
    Victor

Hello Victor i thank you for your attention. I wait with imatience for the fixing of this issue since i stopping all my work. I simply ask you to recovery the previous situation where was possible to fetch any site and organizer from facebook also if there are not upcoming events. This is very usefull for future events and i believe that any customers that need to retrieve events from facebook will need this feature that was previously available.

thank you Gaetano Vaffangiro

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Gaetano!

I truly understand your position right now. I once again apologise for this.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a workaround at the moment as this is something that has to be changed in our Event Aggregator servers. Rest assured the team will address it and and let you know when fixed.

I will make sure to flag this in the report to see if we can get things movings faster.

Best,
    Victor

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out, containing a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you,
    Cheers,
    Nico

i try, thank you Gaetano

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Gaetano!

Thanks for following up. Please let us know how that works for you.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘strange behaviour on fetching from facebook when there are not upcoming events’ is closed to new replies.