still no way to put calendar on subpage?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events still no way to put calendar on subpage?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Donna
    Participant

We’ve been using an embedded Google calendar on site.com/community/calendar for several years and now want to use the Community Events add-on for The Events Calendar. After my client purchased the add-on, I was dismayed to see that TEC still requires that the slug be at exactly one level below the home page.

Four years ago I ran into this problem on another site and posted to the forums: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-set-calendar-page-to-subpage/
    The response was “We have had requests for this behavior in the past, though, and would be open to exploring it in the future. If you wouldn’t mind, we’d appreciate it if you would post it as a suggested feature on our User Voice page.” I did this.

Three years ago another party posted about the same problem:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-calendar-on-subpage-child-page/
    And the response was “We are interested in working to create a shortcode so this would not be an issue, but there is no timetable on if or when that may come out…. Would love to have a simple solution for you and the support team is looking out for topics like yours to forward to the dev team so that know our customers are requesting it and can get on it.”

Two years ago:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/add-full-calendar-to-page/
    The recommendation was to use the Event Rocket plugin though you made it clear that you didn’t support it.

Unfortunately the Event Rocket plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/event-rocket/ hasn’t been supported since October 2015. Is there any other solution? Yes, I can redirect the old URL to a new page but it will require custom code to avoid messing up breadcrumbs and secondary menus, and frankly it just feels crufty.

Sorry for the drama but I’m baffled that you are still requiring us to twist our architecture around just to accommodate a calendar. It’s just a little extra feature of the site, not the center of the universe!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Donna

Geoff

Hi Donna,

Thanks for writing in. I appreciate your candidness here and can certainly relate with similar frustrations when hoping to see progress made on features with other themes and plugins in my own work.

We did indeed release a series of ways to embed calendars, widgets and even single events on any WordPress page or post in Events Calendar PRO:

The first one is what you will be most interested in. That will allow you to embed the full calendar on any page or post. So, even if the calendar itself is located at /events, you can embed it anywhere else, including a page that is the child of another page, such as /parent-page/calendar.

I hope this is the sort of flexibility you are looking for and that shortcodes will help you get what you’re looking for. Please let me know if this doesn’t help answer your question for any reason and I’d be happy to clarify or help further as best I can.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Donna
    Participant

Thanks for your response.

So there is a way to do it but it requires a license for ECP in addition to the license we bought for the Community Calendar?

Donna

Geoff

Hi Donna, thanks for following up!

Yes, that is correct. The shortcodes I referred to are a feature that is offered in Events Calendar PRO and are not available in Community Events.

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘still no way to put calendar on subpage?’ is closed to new replies.