Still changing event times after iCal import

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Still changing event times after iCal import

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anna
    Participant

After the update, my event times are still being changed through the iCal import add-on. For example, on my Google calendar, the Feb. 12 Evansville Icemen vs. Wings appointment has a start time of 7:15PM and an end time of 9:15PM. After going through the iCal import, it appears in WP as 1:15AM-3:15AM on Feb. 13. Some events are importing with the correct times, and others are not. Please help!

iCal public link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/actaglun0c2d6bgcmsk9p9u1h0%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Anna.
    Nico

Hey Anna,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and sorry to hear about this issue you are having!

My first guess is that there are differences between the Google Calendar timezone and the WordPress site timezone. Can you check on that? You can see the WP timezone in WP-Admin > Settings > General > Timezone.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Anna
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I’ve checked the timezones a few times after reading other support posts. The Timezone in WP is set at UTC-6. Under the settings for the Events Calendar, I have tried both the Use the local timezones for each event and use the sitewide timezone everywhere with no difference. The Google calendar timezone is set for United States (GMT -06:00) Central Time.

Nico

Hey Anna,

Thanks for confirming this! I see a logged bug that could be related to what you describe, but I’ll need to run a couple of test to confirm this. Can you indicate what’s the Timezone Settings for events (WP-Admin > Events > Settings >Timezone Settings)?

I’ll get back to you tomorrow with more info on this.

Thanks for the patience while we sort this out,
    Best,
    Nico

Anna
    Participant

Thanks Nico. In Timezone Settings, it is currently set to: Use the local timezones for each event. This past weekend I did try both settings with no change.

Nico

Hi Ana,

I could run some test in my local install and it’s importing the events with the correct start and end dates (for example, this is true for me: the Feb. 12 Evansville Icemen vs. Wings appointment has a start time of 7:15PM and an end time of 9:15PM). For my test I changed the WP Timezone to UTC -6 and imported the iCal file you provided.

It would be great if you could share your system information with me so I can check if everything looks right on that end. We can also make some additional tests to check on this:

– One possibility is to create a sample Google Calendar (in the same timezone) with a couple of events and then trying to import it ans see how it goes.
    – Other option is to re-test the original feed in a fresh WordPress install, it could be a local one.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Anna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Anna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Still changing event times after iCal import’ is closed to new replies.