State portion of venue address not in EB Event

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets State portion of venue address not in EB Event

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

Are you looking at the event editor or the registration page?

Kelly
    Participant

I just looked. There is no state listed for the OBP Test Event: http://www.eventbrite.com/edit?eid=4476230526

Barry

Right – so perhaps we’ve been talking at cross-purposes. You’re right, and I can certainly replicate that and confirm that I experience the same thing.

I’m not sure that I agree this is a bug, I suspect this is a quirk of Eventbrite. Given that the address anyway includes the state on the publicly visible event pages, does this represent a huge problem for you?

Kelly
    Participant

It is a huge problem because, if you’ll notice the map location changes when there is no state. Of course, I can change it manually, but it reverts if I update the event page in WP.

Barry

OK – so I think we’re on the same page now and I can see the problem, thanks for your patience while I built up a picture of what was happening.

I’m going to update the issue at our end appropriately and once I receive feedback from a developer I will of course update you; I can’t give a precise timeframe for this however I will certainly do my best to let you know what is happening by the middle of next week.

What I can say is that it looks to me as if our Eventbrite plugin is correctly specifying the state as per the Eventbrite developer API and so my feeling is that we are looking at a quirk on Eventbrite’s side rather than a bug on our side.

With that in mind, perhaps it would be worth raising this with Eventbrite? I will however highlight this problem on our issue tracker and emphasize your proposal that a capability to toggle the automatic update of Eventbrite be introduced.

Barry

Kelly: one other thing I note when I test this is that, although the map appears different on the Edit Event page, it does appear to be correct on the public event page (where the state is also included in the address).

Can you confirm this behaviour is consistent with your experience?

Barry

Just to add, I’ll wait for your response to my last post before taking his further.

Kelly
    Participant

Yes, the behavior appears to be as you describe it.

As far as creating a ticket with Eventbrite, I’ve actually already found a bug where they’re not passing the address through when creating a Facebook event (ticket #278333). I wonder if this is related.

I would recommend you work with EB on the issues with their API. If experience is any guide, they would just send me back to the little guy.

Barry

Sure, we’ll consider doing that – however the state does seem to be recognised, just not on one (administrative) page on their side, so I don’t really feel this is even an API issue as such. With that in mind I’d recommend pursuing this with Eventbrite independently of anything we do.

Thanks for your patience while we worked through this – I’m not sure there is much more I can do for you in this thread so I’m inclined to mark it as resolved and close it unless you feel you need further support?

Kelly
    Participant

Barry, if you tell me how you’re passing the info to EB, I can pass that along to them. Without knowing the technical details, I am not the right person to file this bug. If I were at EB and got a ticket like that, I would say to talk to the plug-in developer.

I paid $50 for this functionality. I expect it to be tested and functional. Please make it so.

Thanks!

Barry

Barry, if you tell me how you’re passing the info to EB, I can pass that along to them.

We pass the state as a standard abbreviation within the region parameter (as documented here).

I paid $50 for this functionality. I expect it to be tested and functional.

I appreciate that completely, we have an issue open for this and will continue to progress it at our end. That aside, I still do recommend you pursue this independently with Eventbrite.

Barry

Hi again Kelly, thanks for your patience while we looked at this problem.

After some consideration, though we appreciate your sentiments on the subject, we don’t really feel this is something for Modern Tribe to take forward.

Our take is that Eventbrite Tickets are using the API exposed by Eventbrite correctly – the glitch exists on their side and as we have discussed it has no impact on what potential customers might see.

It would be interesting to hear if you have any luck pursuing this with them (and if you feel strongly about it I hope you do raise this with them) however for the time being there isn’t really anything else for us to do in connection with this.

Cheers,

Barry

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘State portion of venue address not in EB Event’ is closed to new replies.