State portion of venue address not in EB Event

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets State portion of venue address not in EB Event

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

For some reason, since the update to 1.0.3, the state portion of the venue address no longer gets transmitted correctly to EB. This is a big problem because even if I manually Edit the event in EB, as soon as I make any changes to the event on the blog, it reverts to having no state.

Please let me know when there will be a fix.

Barry

Hi Kelly.

I tried to replicate this by setting up a venue with a valid US postal address (a hotel in Venice, California I picked out from Expedia). If I assigned this venue to an event and submitted it to Eventbrite it correctly reflects that the address is in California.

Am I misunderstanding the problem or is there anything further detail you can provide that would help me to replicate this?

Kelly
    Participant

Here’s one of the events:

http://oldboldpilots.com/meeting/november-2012-meeting/

All of the following ones had (and have again every time I modify the WP page) the same issue. The venue is a country club in Palm Desert, CA, and it has a valid postal address.

Barry

OK – just so that I understand this correctly – at the moment the above link appears to be showing the address correctly and if I continue to the related page on Eventbrite:

http://oldboldpilots-nov2012-es2.eventbrite.com/?rank=1

That too shows the address as being in California. Is this because you have already corrected it? What would I be seeing in the address under the Google map if you had not corrected it? Would the Google map still show the correct location?

I’m just trying to build a better picture of the exact problem. Bear in mind also that this doesn’t happen for me, so that raises the possibility of a conflict with another plugin.

• Can you confirm that all of your (Event Calendar) plugins are current and up-to-date?
    • What version of WordPress are you running?
    • If you turn off all other plugins and switch to an unmodified default theme does this problem persist?

Please also note that our response times are typically 24hrs, so at this point it realistically may be next week before I can get back to you.

Thanks for your support and patience,

Barry

Kelly
    Participant

I’ve corrected it. Without manually correcting, it doesn’t show the state in the address, and the map location displayed is basically random.

Everything is updated. The issues only started after updating to the latest for TEC and EBT. WordPress, as I already stated, is 3.4.1.

As far as I can tell, this is a bug in the latest release of the plugin.

Barry

And can you confirm if you have been able to run through the standard troubleshooting steps of disabling all other plugins and reverting to a standard, unmodified theme?

Kelly
    Participant

Yes

Barry

The problem here is that we cannot replicate this issue and I have seen no other reports of this; that suggests in some way it is localized to your installation. Perhaps, if it is not a conflict with another plugin or your theme, it is environmental.

In any case, here is what I suggest: please email us at [email protected] (mark your email for my attention) with WordPress login credentials.

Though you have already run through the troubleshooting steps I suggested I would like to repeat these in case there are other side-effects that provide useful information here. I would also need to create a test event and observe the process with my own eyes.

Further to the above, if you are able to provide FTP access we could do some further debugging work to look at the data being sent to Eventbrite and determine if it is being modified somehow.

If you could also install the Debug Bar plugin that would be appreciated.

If that all sounds good, I’ll look out for your email 🙂

Kelly
    Participant

I’m sorry, Barry. This is a live site. I’m not able to give out access.

If you would like me to create a private event that I, then, use to create a draft event in EB, that’s possible. Let me know.

Barry

I appreciate that. As I am sure you can appreciate it is also difficult to troubleshoot in a time-effective manner without direct access. Anyway, let’s try what you have suggested.

Please create a venue with the following details.

Address: 1697 Pacific Avenue
    City: Venice
    State: California
    Postal Code: 90291

Then create a new event and assign that venue. Then push to Eventbrite. If you could please then provide URLs to both the event on WordPress and the event on the Eventbrite site before you modify anything that might be helpful.

If that doesn’t yield any helpful information the only other strategy I can suggest is that you set up a new testing site and we see if we can replicate the issue there.

Kelly
    Participant

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4476182382

The only modification I made was to enable the map on the EB page.

Kelly
    Participant

…Since the event is still a draft, it’s not possible for you to see it. I’m emailing a screenshot to the address provided above.

Kelly
    Participant

…so this is odd. I just made another with our normal venue. The behavior is very odd. On the event planning page, there is no state shown, but on the ticket buying page it *is* shown.

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4476230526

I’ll send you more screenshots. I’ll also check out if I can maybe make you a subuser on EB without opening up vulnerability there…

Kelly
    Participant

…OK, I’ve added [email protected] as a subuser with permissions for the two test events. Hopefully, that’ll help you.

I’m happy to modify the events on the WP site so that they’ll revert if you’d like.

Barry

So looking at http://www.eventbrite.com/event/4476230526 I can see the state just above the Ticket Information box and also across where the address is listed in the When & Where box.

If, as a subuser, I log in and view Test OBP Event once again I see it reads Palm Desert, CA.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘State portion of venue address not in EB Event’ is closed to new replies.