Changing starting day of the week (monday vs. sunday)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing starting day of the week (monday vs. sunday)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lamagia
    Participant

In Spain we start the week in monday and I have my wordpress settings put that way
    http://postimg.org/image/48qpzcrqd/
    But when I try to add a date event it confuses my because the pickers starts on sunday
    http://postimg.org/image/6cqll0idj/
    Is there any way that I can fix this so that the pickers show me the week from monday to sunday?

Thanks

lamagia
    Participant

Any idea on how to changer this?
    Thanks!

Barry

Hi lamagia,

Right now there are no settings to facilitate this sort of change. We do have an issue logged for this though and are considering a change that will make sure it respects the WordPress date/time settings in this regard.

For the time being, unfortunately, there’s not much else I can suggest.

Katarina
    Participant

Hi Barry (and Kelly),
    I just noticed that Kelly wrote to me a few days ago on the same issue (however in a closed topic since September 17, so I cannot leave a reply there in turn). I just wanted to let you know that I upgraded to 3.2 and the problem persists. The backend datepicker still starts on Sunday (even though the WordPress settings says Monday). Kelly suggested that you might have inadvertently fixed this issue and she wanted me to confirm or deny, and I’m sorry to bring you the bad news, but no, you haven’t 🙂
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/backend-datepicker/

Barry

Thanks Katarina – that was a bit of a long shot in honesty and Kelly’s principle comment still stands:

This is just a note to let you know that we didn’t get a chance to look at your issue for our maintenance release this time around.

Again, it is on our radar but it may need to wait until the next or next, next release. Since at this point there isn’t a great deal more we can offer I’ll go ahead and close this thread.

Thanks for your continued patience and support 🙂

Leah

Hey there,

I just wanted to let you know that a fix for this issue is included in our upcoming version 3.3. Keep an eye out on your WordPress Plugins page for an update. Thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Leah

ygirod
    Participant

Same issue for me and I use 3.7…

Brook
    Participant

Howdy ygirod,

I appreciate the research here, digging up a topic from last year. So when you go to the WordPress Admin area and create or edit an event, then select a date, the date pickers drop down does not respect your day of the week setting? Or perhaps, is it when you visit the front end of your site and go to List view. , click the “Events from” box, and that drop down does not respect the setting? If it is not the backend edit screen, then it is a different issue than what we addressed in 3.3. If it is the List View datepicker as I described, then rest assure that this is a known bug and something we plan to address. It was introduced in a recent update by accident.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Since this topic has not been active for a while I am going to archive it. If you do need anything else though, please feel free to open a new topic. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing starting day of the week (monday vs. sunday)’ is closed to new replies.