Sponsored Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Sponsored Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Justin

HI,

We are looking at creating a calendar that displays courses and CPD events from many diffrent organisations and people. We as a company do the same so we would like our events to always show when people search through the available events.

Is this an option?

Kind Regards
    Justin

Caroline

Hi Justin,

Thanks for reaching out! If I’m understanding you correctly, it sounds like you want to provide a calendar that allows for submissions from a variety of users (perhaps with our Community Events plugin), and you’d like to ensure that your organization’s events are highlighted among the other events on your calendar. If that’s the case, it sounds like our featured event functionality might be just the solution you’re looking for. By designating your events as featured events, they’ll be emphasized on your calendars and widgets, so your users are sure not to miss them! You can learn more about how to designate your events as featured events on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/featured-events/

Does that help to answer your question here? Let me know if I’ve misunderstood or if you should have any other questions! Cheers, and thanks again for stopping by! 🙂

Justin

Hi Caroline

That does answer my question, thank you.

I have another one also, on the filter bar add-on it allows for a “Distance filter” and I wanted to check that this will work with UK postcodes?

Best wishes,

Justin

Caroline

Hi Justin,

Glad to hear it! And great question–the distance filter in Filter Bar uses geolocation data from Google Maps for positioning, in much the same manner as Events Calendar PRO’s location search. As such, any mappable location should return accurate results! You can test a location search for yourself on our WP Shindig demo site! Try navigating to the month of August and searching a London postcode. 🙂

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if there’s anything else that I can do to assist!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sponsored Events’ is closed to new replies.