Split Payment (live mode)

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Split Payment (live mode)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Cliff

I’d suggest confirming each with PayPal when you discuss your specific app’s credentials.

Huiwen
    Participant

Hello Cliff, I have good news: I can finally confirm that split payment works!

May I suggest you updating your knowledge base, as I am now 100% sure it is NOT the client number in the Rest APP / Live mode, as your knowledge base suggested that we should use; but rather, the Live App ID that sent by paypal.

In order to obtain this Live App ID, you will need to apply for it via https://www.paypal-apps.com, and make sure that you apply under the same email as your web admin email account. You also need to make sure that the option “chained payments” is selected. Once paypal approves your application (usually very quick), you will receive an email from Paypal Developer containing the Live App ID. And you should use this number as your Client ID in the split payment in the community events / tickets. The number starts with APP-xxxxxxxx.

Huiwen
    Participant

I hope my experience can help contribute a bit to the community.

I have however one more followup question: one small issue remains – when the buyer abandons the transaction halfway, and an order is already created in WooCommerce as “pending”, if he/she returns later and wants to purchase again, the person cannot do it with split payment. In the error log, it shows:

[message] => The tracking ID CT-6675 already exists and can’t be duplicated

The person can only do it when the order is deleted / canceled in WooCommerce, either manually or waiting for the system to do it automatically but it takes time.

Is there any way to work around this?

Cliff

Huiwen, thanks so much for helping us help others!

I’ve added 3 months to each of your licenses as a big thank you and sorry for the troubles and time spent here.

Please look at these two screenshots:

• Before / old / incorrect:
    • After / new / hopefully correct: Example of wp-admin PayPal Split Payments settings for Live mode

I’ve also updated the KB at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/community-tickets-configuring-paypal-split-payments/. Please review it for accuracy based on your experience and let me know if there’s anything to improve, either for accuracy or clarity.

And for your other issue regarding duplicates, please start a new thread for that issue so each issue can be handled separately. It’ll likely have to be turned into a bug report, which our strategy and development team will probably have to decide if it’s just not going to be implemented (more of a feature) or if it truly is a mission-critical bug that needs to be fixed. Thanks for your understanding about creating a separate thread for each issue.

Please let me know if you think our KB is fully accurate now. Thanks again!

Huiwen
    Participant

Thanks Cliff for the extension, and for updating your KB!

Well it is still not quite right yet:

In the second session – Obtaining Sandbox Credentials for Live Mode – you shall just delete number 4 and 5.1

4. Visit your PayPal Developer Dashboard
    5. Click to your REST API app:
    1. Look in the upper-right corner for the “Sandbox” / “Live” toggle, and make sure you’re in Live mode

REST API is not relevant anymore in Live Mode.
    All what matter is to enter the right Client ID from Live App ID sent by Paypal (so go straight into 5.2 and the rest is fine!)

Cliff

Thanks. I updated it again. Is it 100% accurate now?

Huiwen
    Participant

Yes it’s all correct now!

Huiwen
    Participant

Solved.

Cliff

Awesome! Thanks again so much!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Split Payment (live mode)’ is closed to new replies.