Spinning wheel widget in SiteOrigin page builder

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Spinning wheel widget in SiteOrigin page builder

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    david.longdon
    Participant

I’m using SiteOrigin page builder to build a home page in a theme called IMNewsPro hosted at WP Engine.

I have an events calendar widget dropped into one of the zones in the page builder, and get the spinning wheel when it’s there.

I’ve gone through these steps:

1. Deactivated all plugins except Events Calendar
    2. Switched to the Twenty Sixteen theme

Unfortunately this doesn’t really seem to help; the page resolves with a list of shortcodes. Next, (only) the SiteOrigin page builder is reactivated the calendar shows up again, but with the spinning wheel. So, it seems like the problem must be with the SiteOrigin page builder.

But, in the original set up with page builder turned on in the IMNewsPro theme I’ve checked the developer console in Chrome and I don’t see any errors related to Events Calendar.

I had a previous version of the site with an Events Calendar widget dropped into a sidebar on a blog posts home page, and there was no problem in this configuration.

Here is the live site: https://northwest.motion.social/

Here is the staging site: http://motion8social.staging.wpengine.com/
    (Which I’m messing around with…)

david.longdon
    Participant

ok. I think I’ve solved this by using the shortcodes instead of the widget.

But, I’m still interested to know if there is a way to get the widget to work.

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi, David.

That plugin has caused issues with ours in the past. Could you please specify which widget(s) you experienced this with — and whether or not PRO was active (since PRO swaps out the free version’s widgets with more advanced versions)?

david.longdon
    Participant

Pro was active; I left both versions active. Should I deactivate the free version?

The widget is called “Events Calendar” and has a gear wheel on the left/logo side.

Cliff

Looks like it’s working for me with the latest versions of all our plugins, WordPress core, and Page Builder by SiteOrigin: https://cl.ly/0C0d3l1Z1n3x

david.longdon
    Participant

Ok. I’ve messed around with this a bit, although probably not in enough detail for you to troubleshoot, but I can recreate the issue if I put the events widget in the top row of a SiteOrigin page.

If the widget is in a lower level row, no problem.

If I use [tribe_mini_calendar] in an HTML widget in the top row, it looks just like the widget in a lower row.

If you scroll down this page you’ll see some different results:

First row:
    Custom HTML (Widget) using [tribe_mini_calendar]
    SiteOrigin Editor using [tribe_mini_calendar]

Fourth row:
    Events Calendar Widget

Since I want this calendar in the top row, I’m going with that first option–Custom HTML with the [tribe_mini_calendar].

Also, I created a “calendar” page using [tribe_events] that works better than /events. For some reason, /events cuts off part of the Theme’s header…

I have a couple other customization questions, but will open a new thread for those.

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi. Oddly, on a different testing site, I was able to replicate this issue no matter the position of the Event Calendar widget.

While we don’t guarantee compatibility with this or other plugins, I’ve filed this bug with our developers (it’s not the only one logged with this plugin).

If this gets fixed, this thread should receive a reply to let you know.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, where we were able to include a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-july-2018/

Please also note that we have subsequently shipped a hotfix for The Events Calendar, Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-20-1-events-calendar-pro-4-4-29-1-and-event-tickets-4-7-5-1/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Spinning wheel widget in SiteOrigin page builder’ is closed to new replies.