specific roles to submit event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events specific roles to submit event

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    icekun91
    Participant

Hi,
    May i know is there anyway to only allow specific role to submit event? I don want everyone have the ability to submit event, if not i will crazy on keep checking the event been submitted.

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi icekun91,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can limit event submission to logged in users if you want. That setting can be found under Events > Settings > Community tab.

If the logged in user has the capability of edit_post, then they can submit an event.

Does this answer your question? Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

icekun91
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    What I need is i specific a role , maybe user with editor role only available to submit event, I don want every logged in user can post the event.

Beside that,Why i update my plugin will facing this issue?? http://prntscr.com/k5wowx

One more thing, is event calendar support membership checkout? Which my website currently can using online banking and point system, but i want to add on one more function , VIP membership checkout. Example, admin can activate a membership function for certain course in the platform, those who subscribe to the membership package, they can attend the course with Free of Charge. Hope you understand this.

Thanks.

icekun91
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    One more question, how to use the QR code to verify the attendee?

Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

On roles, thanks for the clarification, now I understand better.

This article will help you in managing the roles and you should be able to create the setup you need with the referenced Members plugin (or anything similar):

event calendar support membership checkout

There are a number of users in our community who use WooCommerce Memberships for a similar setup.

how to use the QR code to verify the attendee

For this you will find the following article useful:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

icekun91
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    The QR code API column was not found in my setting backend. Please advise.
    For the other 2 function,i will try it again. Thanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

For the new app and API you need the latest versions of Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus. Once you have those you should see the API.

A.

icekun91
    Participant

Hi,
    So how can i upgrade to the latest version? My package now is having these 2 plugin right?

Andras
    Keymaster

If I see correctly you are using 7 of our plugins.

First recommended thing to do would be creating a backup of your site, both files and database. There are a number of free and premium plugins that can help you with this.

Then the easiest way to update would be to go to Dashboard > Updates and run an update an all outdated plugins and themes.

You can also do a manual update if you would like. In this case check out the following article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

Hope this helps.

A.

icekun91
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Have a look on this… http://prntscr.com/k8ce8k
    Please advise.

THanks

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like you are using a multisite installation, but personal licenses. This is cool, however automatic updates in this case do not work and you will need to perform a manual update.

(You can also read about this in this knowledgebase article.)

A.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘specific roles to submit event’ is closed to new replies.