Sort events by start date doesn´t work after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sort events by start date doesn´t work after update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Karsch
    Participant

I just updated to the newest version of Events Calendar pro and The Events Calendar Shortcode. After these updates I am no longer able to sort events by start date.

What I do: My page offers tons of watersport courses like surfing, sailing, etc.
    Want I want: Viewing my backend I used to sort the courses (which are accual events in the events calendar, provided with tickets) via Events -> Filter: Start Date “is” 2017-07-22.
    Before these updates the system showed me every event that starts on that particular date.
    Now after the Update I get all events shown. The filter doesn´t seem to work anymore.

You can see it in the uploaded picture.

I really need that filter function. Please help me out with it!

Benjamin Karsch
    Participant

I just figured that YoastSEO causes the problem!

Before updating to Yoast SEO 5.0 the system showed me every event that starts on that particular date. Just how the filter should work. All fine!
    Now after the Update to YoastSEO 5.0 (and higher) I get all events shown, not only these from the filters I activated. The filter doesn´t seem to work anymore.

If i deactivate Yoast Seo, the filters work perfect again. So the issue must be caused by the new version of Yoast SEO 🙁

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry for the delayed response – our forums have been a bit busier than usual lately!

I did some testing on my end and got the same thing…I see a few other users were able to resolve this by disabling the “Test Link Counter” option in Yoast. Could you give this a try and see if it works for you?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Benjamin Karsch
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

thank´s for your reply.
    There are two ways to solve the issue

1) you can just run the side wide link counter once. The filter work perfectly after this one single link count run
    2) disable the side wide link count feature

Thank you for the input.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Benjamin,

I’m glad to hear you got this resolved, and thanks for sharing your solution here!

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but please feel free to open a new one if you run into any further issues.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sort events by start date doesn´t work after update’ is closed to new replies.