SEO by Yoast conflict with Fitlers & Columns

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO SEO by Yoast conflict with Fitlers & Columns

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John Osmond
    Participant

I’ve been using the Events Calendar Pro along with SEO by Yoast for a long time now. But just recently the “Filters & Columns” widget (which I use a lot) stopped working. More specifically the filters stopped. I followed the steps in the “Testing for conflicts guide” and confirmed that there is a conflict with Yoast.

Yoast has had a new update recently. I will leave Yoast deactivated for now, but I would really like to use it. Can anyone help me resolve this conflict?

Thanks.

Cliff

Hi, John.

Another user reported this as well. Please review that thread here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/advanced-post-manager-not-working/

I just tested the latest versions of Yoast, APM, and The Events Calendar and the APM filter still worked for me (I tested filtering for a specific Organizer).

John Osmond
    Participant

Thank you for you reply. This is still an issue for me. Following the thread I have done this:
    1) changed my theme to twentyseventeen
    2) deactivated all plugins except: a) Advanced Post Manager; b) Event Tickets; c) Event Tickets Plus; d) The Events Calendar; e) The Events Calendar Pro.
    3) In this state APM filters work properly (I’ll attach a screen shot).
    4) If I activate SEO by Yoast then APM filters stop working (second screen shot)

Oddly, the list will say “2 items”, but will list 20 events, none of which are the 2 I was expecting. It seems they are being crowded out by some Recurring Events that go to November or December.

John Osmond
    Participant

^ Ok, those screen shots went in the opposite order. The first one is my filter list AFTER I activate Yoast. The second one is with Yoast not active.

John Osmond
    Participant

I think I’ve figured this out. It’s a specific feature in Yoast – the “Text Link Counter”. When I turn off this feature I get my APM filters back. So for me, this is resolved because I don’t even know what that feature is for.

But for others who want to use that feature and the APM filters, there does seem to be a conflict.

Cliff

Hi again, John.

I really appreciate your detailed report here.

As stated in BJ’s thread, I wasn’t able to reproduce your findings.

Please see if you could recreate this on a fresh WP install.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘SEO by Yoast conflict with Fitlers & Columns’ is closed to new replies.