Advanced Post Manager not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Advanced Post Manager not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BJ Kirkpatrick
    Participant

I am using WordPress 4.8 and the Advanced Post Manager is not working. I tried the theme/plugin test and it works fine until I activate Yoast SEO Premium. All themes and plugins have been updated. I deleted Advanced Post Manager plugin and reinstalled, but it is still blocked by Yoast. None of the filters work. I use Advanced Post Manager a lot but Yoast is very important to my SEO. Any assistance you can provide would be very helpful. Thank you!

Cliff

Hi, BJ. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

I see you are using Yoast SEO Premium v5.0.1

Could you please try the following, attempting to load /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events after each step:

1. Deactivate all other plugins except Yoast SEO Premium and Modern Tribe plugins
    2. If it still doesn’t work, deactivate Yoast SEO Premium and install the free version of Yoast SEO and see if it also happens
    3. If it works with Free but not Premium, please send me a copy of the Premium plugin (in a .zip file) and I’ll see if I can replicate the issue.

Please let me know what you find out.

BJ Kirkpatrick
    Participant

I deactivated all plugins except Yoast and Tribe – still didn’t work. I
    deactivated Yoast Premium and installed the free version. Still didn’t
    work. I loaded the Edit Events after each trial and the Advanced Post
    Manager didn’t return expected results. Thanks so much for all of your
    efforts. bj

BJ Kirkpatrick
    Participant

Cliff,

Yoast is also working on a solution and a question they asked is what code
    I entered. APM came to me along with the Events Upgrade in a zip file. I
    started searching on the Plugin Page under View Details on the Installed
    Plugins page and found under FAQ a remark that this plugin was for
    developers and wouldn’t work without the additional code. I never could
    find any information on what the additional code was and when I clicked on
    the links on ScreenShots it returns a 404 error code.
    URL:
    http://texomaconnect.com/wp-admin/plugin-install.php?tab=plugin-information&plugin=advanced-post-manager&TB_iframe=true&width=600&height=550

[image: Inline image 1]
    This is totally different from the APM Plugin Page that I get if I do a
    Google Search for APM Plugin:

Advanced Post Manager

This page doesn’t
    mention any code at all although it does say that the plugin is for
    developers.

I have been using Advance Post Manager for a long time and never had a bit

Cliff

Thanks for all these details.

Please explain exactly what you meant by APM not working. Are you getting a 500 error, seeing WP_DEBUG messages, or does it seem like it works (you’re able to click the buttons) but it doesn’t actually do anything (filter the events)?

Whenever testing, please also enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

And regarding APM, it is a standalone plugin but our events plugin adds the code to integrate APM with it. Any other plugin or theme that adds a custom post type could do the same, but it definitely does require code to integrate–and the confusion about which APM plugin you have can be ignored; there’s only one APM plugin.

I’m looking forward to hearing back. Thanks!

John Osmond
    Participant

Hi BJ. I was having a problem with the APM filters and confirmed that there is definitely a conflict with Yoast SEO. But I discovered that if you turn of the Yoast feature called the “Text Link Counter” then the filters will work again.

Hope that helps.

Cliff

John, thanks for sharing your experience in this and your own thread on this topic.

I had Text Link Counter enabled at wp-admin > SEO > Dashboard > Features when I tested APM and it worked for me.

I’d guess there’s some combination of settings–and not just this one setting–that may affect this.

If you and/or BJ figure it out, I’ll definitely see if I can reproduce it.

Charles Bartlett
    Participant

Disabling ‘Text Link Counter’ in Yoast immediately fixed the problem for me. Greatly appreciate the work of everyone here.

I should mention that I have NOT initiated the “count link” process in Yoast that this feature. Not sure if that’s a contributing factor, but thought I’d mention it.

Cliff

Thanks for sharing your experience, cbzen.

Please create your own separate thread and share your System Information if you’d like additional assistance with this.

This thread will focus on BJ’s issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Advanced Post Manager not working’ is closed to new replies.