Sort Calendar by Category

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Sort Calendar by Category

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zach

I am looking to create a community events calendar and I would like to be able, while searching for events, group them by category. Music, food, art, sports, etc. I don’t want to see everything for everyday but limit it to the different events that I would like to do on said day. Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Zach!

There are two good options for that:

You could run both of them side-by-side if you wanted, but likely you will only need one. If you only want to group them by category the first option, which is free, is probably ideally suited.

Of course if you are running a community calendar you might wish to accept community submitted events, in which case this plugin would likely interest you as well: Community Events. All three of these plugins can run together if you want features from some or all of them.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Pau Ros

But how can you set up that the calendar already appears filtered by a category?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Pau Ros,

Do you mean you would like the default page to already have selected one or more categories to be viewed? If so, I would simply change your link to the calendar page from the current /events/ to one that contains the category information in it. This will allow users to still view other categories if they want, but the default page, the one you link to on your site, will be the specific categories.

If you need further support would you mind logging in so I can verify your support access? Or, if you don’t have/want a license (which includes a year of support) you should checkout the volunteer community on WordPress.org: The Events Calendar. It’s not the same level of support, but it’s free! We even check those forums once each week and help to the extent we can.

Cheers!

– Brook

ghfdjfgh

gdxfbx fdsd6tgf tbdfvgs

ghfdjfgh

gbxcvcgn gxjfbch

Brook
    Participant

Howdy

I would love to help you with this. But I am not totally certain what your question is. Does this help: How to Get Your Cat to Stop Jumping on Your Keyboard ?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Sort Calendar by Category’ is closed to new replies.