Some items not translated – Event Calendar Pro

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Some items not translated – Event Calendar Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patricia

Hello
    Could you maybe help please? I noticed that the title “view as ” in the filter bar is not translated.
    I checked the following:

• “View as” is correctly translated in the .po located in “wp-content/languages/plugins” and in the one located in “wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/lang”. There is no translation of “view as” in the language file located in the-events-calendar-pro though but I am not able to edit it in Poedit.
    • I tried also to edit the file “wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/bar.php” but no changes are being considered, which I don’t understand. I tried to find the file which is overriding it but without success until now..
    • I also saw this topic: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/view-as-is-not-localizable/. I have exactly the same problem and I tried to switch the theme to a default theme too. But unfortunately it didn’t work.

Where should I make the changes?
    Thank you for your help!

Patricia

Nico

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this! Let’s see what’s happening here…

First of all, Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins. Also please let me know which language you are using in your site.

The “view as” string should be present in the translation files for The Events Calendar and not in the ones for Events Calendar PRO, as it’s a string from the core plugin. Pleas note that PRO works as an add-on to the core plugin, so there’s no need to include all strings again.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Patricia

Hi Nico and thank you for your support.
    I disabled all the plugins and switched to Twenty Sixteen and it worked. Then I activated all the plugins one after the other and it still worked. As soon as I switched to the sports-club theme again it didn’t work anymore. So I think that is a conflict with the theme.
    What can we do?
    Best wishes
    Patricia

Nico

Thanks for the heads-up Patricia!

I would reach out to the theme authors on it and ask if they are aware of this. Maybe they are changing the translation string for some reason, this happens in some themes.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Some items not translated – Event Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.