Some events does not appear in search results

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Some events does not appear in search results

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Francesco
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve already asked help for this issue on wp plugin page.
    But I need a more efficient assistance…

Some of the events are not listed in search results, even if they have been imported.

You can see them in backend.
    And you can even open them in their own url.
    But if you do a search with event calendar plugin, you will have no results for them.

I’ve recently switched to Event Aggregator from Facebook Events.
    But the problem has not been resolved.

I have prepared an access to my backend for you, if you’ve given me an email, I’ll send it.

Barry

Hi Francesco,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced difficulty with some of those events.

I have prepared an access to my backend for you, if you’ve given me an email, I’ll send it.

That could be really useful, however as a general rule we do not log in to customer websites. Let’s keep this in our back pocket for now and if we really need to do this later on, we can.

Some of the events are not listed in search results, even if they have been imported.

Can you confirm first of all that only events imported via Event Aggregator have this problem, even if it isn’t all of them?

And you can even open them in their own url.

This makes things even stranger. Can you provide a few examples, listing some sample URLs (by private reply if you prefer)?

Last but by no means least, it could be really helpful if you would share your system information.

Thanks!

Francesco
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Francesco.
    Barry

This reply is private.

Francesco
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks for clarifying—now you identify those points, it is pretty obvious 🙂

Initially though, you had linked to individual single events and I had worked from those back to the ‘true’ event archive pages (which is also where I noticed the issue I mentioned where I was unable to click directly into the search field) rather than your shortcode-generated page – hence the confusion. My apologies there!

Back to the issue at hand: the shortcode seems to be configured to generate map view. That’s important because only events that are taking place at venues which have accurate addresses (allowing us to generate geodata) can be listed there. The events you cited as missing from search, I believe, are assigned to venues which lack that data.

Bearing this out, if you switch from map view to list view, you can successfully search for both those events and you can also page forward and locate them that way.

What I’d recommend is this: try editing the relevant venues – ensure they have accurate addresses that would enable us to retrieve geodata (or you could even manually enter coordinates, if a postal address is not suitable for any reason) and/or visit the main Events Settings page and locate the ‘Generate Missing Venue Data’ setting (this will only be visible if the plugin believes it might be required, so don’t worry if you can’t find it).

Once the events are connected with venues that have been updated in this way, you should hopefully find they can be listed and searched for via map view.

Francesco
    Participant

This reply is private.

Francesco
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Francesco,

Glad that initial issue is resolved!

As to your further point about text before the shortcode showing up after the map… I believe this is specifically a quirk of the map view implementation.

This seems like a valid bug and I will log it accordingly. As soon as we’ve something further we can report about this we’ll drop an update in here (please note, though, that there are some higher priority bugs we may need to attend to first, so it may take just a while before we can circle round to this one).

Thanks again for your support and patience 🙂

Francesco
    Participant

This reply is private.

Francesco
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Francesco,

We’re happy to help if we can but – in general – we try hard to stick to one issue per forum topic.

With that in mind, would you mind posting this question in a fresh topic? You could then add the private replies there, too, or simply ask staff to refer back to your last two replies in this topic.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Francesco!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-6-may-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Some events does not appear in search results’ is closed to new replies.