Sold tickets displaying incorrect ticket sold

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Sold tickets displaying incorrect ticket sold

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tommy
    Participant

That is incorrect. I originally stated the issue was wrong tickets “available” and wrong tickets “sold”. I also showed you videos of the issues and Geoff you seem to be ignoring the issue i’ve showed you.

I have 20 tickets for sale. For no reason it will show 16 tickets for sale. I go into the back end and manually change it back to 20 and it goes to 22….!? Then it changes back to 18 or some shit like that.

Coupled with the fact that it shows wrong tickets sold. It will show 4 out of 18 sold when there are 20 tickets available and only 3 are sold.

Even the issue that eigthgr is mentioning should not be happening. We should not be doing this trick and that to trick to get the plugin to work properly. It should work right out of the box. If someone puts something in there cart, i don’t care, it should not drop the available ticket down until the API from PayPal states a ticket was paid for.

This issue is not resolved, this issue is not conflicting with another plugin.

I’ve since changed back to WooTickets and it works fine however you are not supporting it anymore so whats going on?

Tommy
    Participant

Also i might add that i’m not getting these issues as stated by eigthgr because i’ve set up my PayPal correctly and it seems that eigthgr has not. My tickets do not drop down until the ticket has been paid for and the PayPal API comes in and stated the ticket is sold. Only then the ticket drops down.

So you guys need to completely ignore eigthgr’s issue as being apart of this issue in this thread

eightgr
    Participant

I’ve not changed anything in Paypal, only have made the even ticket plus update and everything gone wrong.

Geoff

Hi Tommy,

I also showed you videos of the issues and Geoff you seem to be ignoring the issue i’ve showed you.

I can assure you I have not been ignoring the issue, Tommy. Where we currently stand, I (and others on the team) have been unable to replicate the issue as you’ve reported it and I have asked you questions in the last reply that was directed to you and am waiting for those to be answered. The video you showed me initially is great, but what you were showing me does not answer the questions I asked later in later responses.

By now, you and I have had a history of threads together and we should be at a much better place working together than to resort to harsh wording and accusations. You know that I am helping and will continue to help as best I can, but I will need you to please cooperate so this discussion can be as productive as possible.

So you guys need to completely ignore eigthgr’s issue as being apart of this issue in this thread

Our policy is always is support the person who opened the thread ahead of anyone else who has chimed in. Anyone who chimes–as is customary–will be acknowledged but are also encouraged to open a new thread if they would like direct support. You’ve chimed into other threads in this forum and have received that same level of service.

In other words, Tommy, you have our ears and you can be assured that you’re top priority in this thread.

Even the issue that eigthgr is mentioning should not be happening. We should not be doing this trick and that to trick to get the plugin to work properly. It should work right out of the box. If someone puts something in there cart, i don’t care, it should not drop the available ticket down until the API from PayPal states a ticket was paid for.

I hear that you believe that is not how things should work, but that is how the transaction process was designed to flow. A ticket in the cart is equal to a ticket taken out of inventory, at which time the transaction moves to Pending Payment. Canceling an order is not a “trick” in order for things to work properly, but we’d be happy to consider any ideas you have for revising the process if you want to drop those in our feature request forum. Any further discussion on this ought to be moved there since it is out of scope and distracting from the issue we’re trying to solve here in this thread.

I have 20 tickets for sale. For no reason it will show 16 tickets for sale. I go into the back end and manually change it back to 20 and it goes to 22….!? Then it changes back to 18 or some shit like that.

I think we need to hit a reset button to get back on the same page. In that spirit, the next thing I would like to try here is creating a fresh test site–this will avoid any disruption to your live site and ensure that we’ve effectively got a “clean canvas” to work with that’s separate from your existing staging site.

• Please install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory
    • Don’t install anything except The Events Calendar 4.0.4, Events Calendar PRO 4.0.3, Event Tickets 4.0.4, and Event Tickets Plus 4.0.4
    • Please also stick to a default WordPress theme for the time being–again, there’s no need to install anything else just yet
    • Create a new event with tickets so we have some test data to work with
    • Can you replicate the same problem?
    • If you find you can replicate the problem under these conditions it would be awesome if you could stop right there and let us know so we can take a look while the site is still running under default conditions.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

Geoff

@eightgr, I also want to add that you are certainly welcome to follow along as Tommy and I continue to troubleshoot the issue together. If you’d prefer direct support, please do open a new thread and we’d be happy to help you there.

And, when you do, please be as descriptive as possible (including steps to replicate the issue) and provide your system information up front — those will go a long way in helping us. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Tommy
    Participant

I don’t see why i need to do all this bullshit extra work just to get your plugin to work? You think i have all this time for this? How about you guys go into my staging website and test it yourself instead of attacking me and escalating this aggression?

This plugin is something you force us to use because you discontinued support on the other plugin which actually works so why must i have more of a workload now because of it?

Geoff

Hi Tommy,

I am willing to help you out here, but to do so, I will need you to please help me by setting up a fresh test site.

The reason I’m asking for this is that we have been unable to replicate the issue on our end on our test sites and the other customers who reported the issue have followed up to say the latest release fixes the issue.

I’m not saying there is no issue, but that we are going to have to do some more testing to see what the difference in your environment is from ours. That will help us pinpoint the issue and a fresh test site will accomplish this in a way that logging into your existing site will not, though I appreciate the offer.

How about you guys go into my staging website and test it yourself instead of attacking me and escalating this aggression?

I sincerely hope none of the discussion from me are our team up to this point suggests any attacks or aggression. As I I’ve stated from the beginning, I’m happy to help, and have been trying my best to move the discussion forward and keep it on track to being productive without any harsh or vulgar words.

What I’ve offered you is a set of detailed instructions for what we need to do next to move this forward. I’m happy to keep this moving and continue working with you on it if you are willing to help me by completing those steps. Please let me know if you are and we can go from there.

Thanks for your help!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Sold tickets displaying incorrect ticket sold’ is closed to new replies.