Sold Out Ticket Quantity

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Sold Out Ticket Quantity

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dan Feeley
    Participant

I have a question about sold-out stock count with the new Event Tickets Plus.
    As a test I created an event with a WooCommerce ticket (stock quantity of 2).

I sold both tickets and when I edit the event information it shows “Sold 2 of -2”.
    If I edit the ticket, it says stock is -4.

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing:
    https://farm1.staticflickr.com/652/23465957271_d92c28c4c0_b.jpg

Is this the new normal?

fireflycinemas
    Participant

Am seeing the same thing here too. Numbers all over the show – none of them matching up.

Screenshots

Nico

Hi @danfeeley and @fireflycinemas,

Thanks both for reaching out to us, and sorry to hear you are both being affected by this bug 🙁

We are aware of this bug and a fix is under development an our intention is for it to be included in the maintenance release coming out really soon. Just to be sure your case will be covered by the fix, I would need further tests on your side…

First please make sure you are running latest versions of all our plugins, then Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? If the issue is still present in default conditions can send over exact steps to reproduce this behaviour?

If I edit the ticket, it says stock is -4.

You just go ahead and save the ticket without making any changes? Do you change a particular field? If you continue editing the stocks continues to decrease?

Please let me know about this,
    Best,
    Nico

Dan Feeley
    Participant

I updated everything to 4.01 but still get the same error.

In my case to reproduce the error is to create a WooCommerce ticket and sell all the tickets.
    When you go back and edit the event you will see the screwy numbers under the ticket.

Nico

Hey Dan,

Thanks for confirming this! Sorry I couldn’t catch this last week, this was out of my radar (probably I didn’t set the right ticket status after replying, but not sure).

Other issues with stock weird behaviour had been reported this past week as well, so the complete fix (negative stock issue + stock level issue) for this might take a bit longer than I anticipated. Hopefully we can see those out soon but I don’t have an specific date for this.

I’ll set this ticket status to ‘Pending Fix’ and update you on this if any news is available.

Thanks for the patience while we get this sorted,
    Best,
    Nico

Chris
    Participant

Hi,
    I have this problem with incorrect stock as well (WP all plugins and theme updated to the latest version) Here is a detailed description of what is happening:

On this page: https://bowlscomps.com/competition/george-masters-qualifiers-we-2/

Scenario – look at the top 2 tickets on the page

1. I started with ticket original stock set at 16
    2. Event page therefore showed 16 out of 16 available
    3. I order one ticket as a “customer” and complete checkout
    4. I go back to the event page and now stock shows as 13 out of 15 available – so stock has gone down by 3 instead of 1 and original availability has gone down by 1 instead of staying constant
    5. I go into woocommerce admin panel for that order and click on “complete order”
    6. I reload the event page and now stock shows as 14 available out of 15 – so stock has gone down by 2 instead of 1 and original available quantity has gone down by 1 instead of staying constant.

The right outcome should have been that 15 out of 16 tickets remain available, given that original stock was 16 and only one ticket has been purchased

Feel free to try and “purchase” a ticket on the site as a customer would to test it – this is a site in development so you won’t need payment as it’s set as “cash on delivery”. If i see an order notification comes through I’ll go and “complete” it so you can see the whole outcome.

UPDATE
    I have tested this again by creating a brand new event (in case this was a problem with existing events only) and “making a purchase” from a different browser, whilst not logged in to WP, but the same problem with stock level occurs.

This is the test event: https://bowlscomps.com/competition/testing-ticket-stock-with-events-ticket/

I set up “ticket 1” with a stock of 20 available then I “purchased” 1 x “ticket 1” and the same stock problem happened:

• after checkout completion stock changed from 20 out of 20 available to 17 out of 19 available !
    • after order completion stock changed to 18 out of 19 available !

On further investigation I have noticed the following if it helps you:

• In Woocommerce the “order notes” correctly states that stock has been reduced from 20 to 19
    • In “Events” when I go into “edit” and look at this ticket for the event I see that there is 1 out of 19 tickets sold (it should have been 1 out of 20)
    • When I “edit” this ticket I see that stock level is 18 (it should be 19)

I’ll keep following this thread to see when an update is available.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Nico

Hey Hugues,

Thanks for detailing your issue as well here! I’m adding your description to the bug ticket now.

Cheers,
    Nico

Geoff

Hey there,

Great news–we have a fix for this issue ready and it will be shipping today in version 4.0.2. Please keep your eyes peeled for the update and let us know if any other issues pop-up in a new thread and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks again for your patience while we worked on this!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Leah

Good news everyone!

We’ve just release a maintenance release that addresses this issue. Please look for updates to your Events plugin(s) on your site. Thank you for your patience while we worked to address the reported issues. And don’t forget to review the release notes for all the details on version 4.0.3.

While our testing shows that the new release fixes the problem reported here, sites are different and it’s possible that there are edge cases. If you are still seeing the issue after you update your plugins, please post a new thread so we can look into it further.

Thank you for your support!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Sold Out Ticket Quantity’ is closed to new replies.