Slugs for events data

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Slugs for events data

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    barn2media
    Participant

Hi, I am using the plugin Posts Table Pro to display a list of upcoming ECP events on my website. It’s working fine but I need some information about the data that ECP stores for my events so that I can display it in the table.

Please could you tell me the slug for the following pieces of data and whether each one is a custom field or taxonomy:

– Start date
    – Start time
    – End date
    – End time
    – Venue name (and all the venue-related fields e.g. Address)
    – Organizer name (and all the venue-related fields e.g. Address)
    – Phone
    – Website
    – Event website
    – Ticket price

Thank you very much

Katie Keith

Hunter

Hi Katie,

The information you’re looking for is stored as meta_fields found in the wp_postmeta table. (see screenshot below)

To clarify, these are not taxonomies, so therefore do not have an accessible front-end view like event categories, tags, venues, and organizers. Please let me know if this helps and have a great upcoming weekend. Cheers!

barn2media
    Participant

Thanks very much, that gives me the names of the ones in postmeta. Where can I find the names of other pieces of data – i.e.:

– Start time
    – End time
    – Venue name (and all the venue-related fields e.g. Address)
    – Organizer name (and all the venue-related fields e.g. Address)
    – Phone
    – Ticket price

Many thanks

Hunter

Hello,

Basic info, such as event, venue, and organizer name, slug, and post_id are stored in the wp_posts table. Their corresponding info, such as start time, end time, venue address, phone number, ticket price are stored in the wp_postmeta table.

Are you able to access your database? Doing so should give you a clearer idea how and where our plugin stores information. Let me know if this helps out and have a good Monday. Cheers!

barn2media
    Participant

Hi Hunter, thanks for your reply.

I can’t see any information about organizers, venues etc. in wp_posts or details of phone, start or end time in wp_postmeta. A screenshot of an event in wp_posts is attached so you can see that it’s not there.

I have found the other fields in wp_postmeta such as start date, but not these ones.

Many thanks

Hunter

Hello,

I can assure you the information you’re looking for is located inside the wp_posts and wp_postmeta tables. Try selecting the ‘Browse’ tab inside the wp_posts and wp_postmeta tables rather than the ‘Insert’ tab you have selected in the screenshot you shared with me.

More info on our post meta info can be found here.

Let me know if you’re able to locate it and if this exceeds your level of expertise, we have a list of customizers that can help provide further assistance.

Have a great evening. Cheers!

barn2media
    Participant

Hi Hunter, thanks for the link to https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wordpress-post-meta-data/ – that’s exactly what I was looking for in the first place and I didn’t need to be messing around in the database!

Thanks very much

Hunter

Hello,

As soon as I remembered the article, I knew it would probably be beneficial. We have SO many Knowledgebase articles, I’m often finding new ones myself every day! I truly appreciate your patience while we figured everything out and please open a new thread if you have any more questions or concerns. Cheers!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Slugs for events data’ is closed to new replies.