Slow Performance on event detail page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Slow Performance on event detail page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bartmarkten
    Participant

Hello we are using latest version of the plugin. We are using wp-rocket plugin to optimize the site , also we have cloudflare CDN and PHP version 7. All pages are well optimised and loads within 3-4 seconds. But event detail page takes too much time to load. It takes around 12-16 seconds.

We also have followed the performance consideration article. But still no improvements.

We have used query monitor plugin , which shows that WP_Query->get_posts is taking too much time (You can check that in attached screenshots).

Can you please help us out in finding the issue.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

Are your other plugins up-to-date?

Do you have a staging site do do some tests? If so, could you try to deactivate all other plugins and check again your event detail page? Then, could you switch to the default theme (Twenty Seventeen) to see if that makes a difference? You may read our documentation about Testing for Conflicts before doing anything.

If you can’t use of a staging site, you may consider using a plugin like Plugin Detective and/or Health Check, each of which provide a troubleshooting mode that aims to ensure your site will continue to operate as normal for regular visitors.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

bartmarkten
    Participant

This reply is private.

bartmarkten
    Participant

1. Are your other plugins up-to-date? >>> Yes, All plugin are updated .
    2. No we have not any staging server and I have switch and then check event sign page speed but still query taking much time to load page .
    http://markten.be/markt/biomarkt-gent-maria-hendrikaplein/2018-08-26/

Currently our website is in the under construction so you would like to test page load speed so please let me know so i will share admin credential .

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try loading the page a few times, so potential errors will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

I know you followed our article on Performance Considerations, but maybe it would help to implement a caching system. You’ll find useful resources in these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, I would recommend this good article where George writes about our favorite developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

Let me know how that goes.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

bartmarkten
    Participant

We have follow your above given step but still load slow single event page and also check with default theme.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Could you send me a duplicate version of your website, using a plugin such as Duplicator?

That way, I could do some tests locally.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

bartmarkten
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

bartmarkten
    Participant

Hi Jeremy

Performance issue on single event page , not in event listing page .

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, I understood your performance issue is mostly related to your single event page and not your event listing page.

The problem is the same: it’s due to the growth of the postmeta table – with 12k events, there is likely 120k records in postmeta, so the queries start to get slow.

Elastic Events might be a reasonable solution, even though it can be a little bit costly. Please have a look at this page: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/elastic-events/

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

bartmarkten
    Participant

Hi Jeremy

Thanks for suggestion solutions, Elastic Events, is it free plugin services ? or Do we need to buy any external services for Elastic events ?

Thanks

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Elastic Events is a free plugin, indeed. It will communicate with ElasticPress, which is a free plugin as well. And you need ElasticPress because it will allow you to hook your website up to your Elasticsearch host.

The Elasticsearch host can actually go on your own server. However, if you can’t use your own server, you may use a host like Searchly.com or Elastic Cloud to manage it for you. And this is where it can become a little bit expensive.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Slow Performance on event detail page’ is closed to new replies.