Slow loading Map View with many events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Slow loading Map View with many events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trevor S
    Participant

Hello – our client has an events page (default is Map View) with c. 750 upcoming events listed – and the page takes forever to load. Is there some way we can add pagination or split it into batches, or otherwise speed things up? Thanks for any advice.

Cliff

Hi, Trevor.

By default, the Map View only displays 10 events, but I see yours defaults to 5 because you’re using Divi (we have a solution for that if you need)… but it looks like this has been customized to force reloading hundreds instead of the default.

Wherever that customization is, you should change it to be maybe 20 or 50 or 100 instead of -1 or 750 or whatever it is currently. Then the previous/next navigation should take over from there.

I don’t think these general references are related to your issue, but they might be helpful to you in the future:

Trevor S
    Participant

Ah great thanks Cliff. I installed the extension and then changing the “Number of events per page” setting did the trick. Cheers!

Cliff

Well that was unexpectedly easy! Glad to hear and thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Slow loading Map View with many events’ is closed to new replies.