Slider broken after upgrading

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Slider broken after upgrading

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Yvette Stafford
    Participant

As requested, Kelly, here is my new thread (for some reason I thought I had submitted a new discussion but I see it hasn’t posted). My slider isn’t working as well. Can someone please look at it? BlueRidgeLife.com is the url. I have deactivated both Events plugins so that the slider remains up. Thanks!
    P.S. I have yet to upgrade to wp 3.8, or should I?

Barry

Thanks Yvette!

Have you already tried the fix referenced by Kelly in the previous thread?

We have had reports that the snippet fixing tags didn’t resolve the issue with the slider. Would you mind adding this one and seeing if it does the trick:

https://gist.github.com/jazbek/7442734

That could be added to your theme’s functions.php file. Note also that, in most cases, the opening <?php tag is unnecessary. Does that help at all?

Yvette Stafford
    Participant

Oh gosh …. now I am getting a really bad error that is over my head, even when I tried to revert to the original function.php file.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘<‘ in /home/bluerid/public_html/wp-content/themes/wp-ellie-prem/functions.php on line 16

You can’t even pull up the site now. If I happen to log out of my dashboard, I won’t know how to log back in. Help!

Yvette Stafford
    Participant

First off, I need to either 1) get this fixed or 2) get instructions for a downgrade. Ugh.

Yvette Stafford
    Participant

Sheesh … was able to restore the functions.php file from cpanel and site is loading again. We still don’t have a fix, though. Wouuld it help if I copied and pastied the php file for you?

Barry

Hi Yvette,

I need to apologize first of all for the delay in response. We weren’t operating at normal capacity over the festive period and, additionally, have just migrated to a new set of support tools – unfortunately in amongst this I didn’t see that this thread was in need of a further reply.

Can you confirm which versions of the plugin you are currently using? If you haven’t yet updated to our latest releases that could certainly be worth a try.

Barry

Hi Yvette, how are we getting on here?

Barry

Closing this one out as it’s been quite a while without further activity. @Yvette: if you do need further help, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider broken after upgrading’ is closed to new replies.