Slider Broken after upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Slider Broken after upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    wmglennosborne
    Participant

There appears to be some sort of conflict between my theme and the latest upgrade to TEC. I inserted the code from this thread https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/problem-with-post-slider-and-events-calendar-pro/ and while I no longer have a problem with my tag cloud, my slider does not function. Theme is Method. If I deactivate TEC, the slider works fine.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, wmglennosborne. Thanks for getting in touch. I apologize that you’re experiencing this bug.

We have had reports that the snippet fixing tags didn’t resolve the issue with the slider. Would you mind adding this one and seeing if it does the trick:

https://gist.github.com/jazbek/7442734

Thanks!

wmglennosborne
    Participant

I already have that snippet in functions.php of my theme and the slider does not work. I’m looking for something else as a fix or else I need instructions on downgrading back to a previous version.

wmglennosborne
    Participant

Did you inadvertently post the same snippet as from the previous thread? There is no difference between them.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, wmglennosborne. That’s my mistake then. I was thinking that you had used the snippet in the post marked “Answer”. Since you haven’t, please try adding this one:

Hopefully, that will do the trick! 🙂

wmglennosborne
    Participant

Sorry. No difference. The slider is still broken.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, wmglennosborne. This is puzzling.

Would you mind posting your System Information, found on the Events Calendar Settings – Help tab? That may leads us to some answers.

Thanks!

inretromagazine
    Participant

I had this same issue when the Events Calendar Pro automatically updated. My feature slider no longer works.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, inretromagazine. I’m very sorry to hear that. Would you mind starting your own thread so that we can walk through the troubleshooting steps with you?

Thanks! 🙂

wmglennosborne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, wmglennosborne. Thanks for your reply.

I had one of our devs take a look and we’re really having trouble figuring out why the snippet wouldn’t work for you.

Just to confirm, this is the snippet you’re using:

You’ll need to insert it in your (child) theme’s functions.php file. Also, to be clear, you shouldn’t use the opening PHP tag (the first two lines) because the file should already have those.

Thanks! 🙂

wmglennosborne
    Participant

I have every reason to believe that that is the code I have inserted and that it is inserted in the proper place, however my web host decided to do maintenance today on the server and the site is completely down for a few hours. 🙁
    I saw something in another thread I believe about specifying the version of jquery as a potential fix for this or a similar issue, but I am a coding neophyte and my memory is a little fuzzy on this.

As I don’t really see how this code fix is related to the functioning of the slider in the method theme, I’d love to offer you some more specific info about my site, but it’s much harder for me to look for info when the domain is offline…. Perhaps all will be solved by whatever the host is doing to the server?

Kelly
    Participant

No problem! 🙂 We definitely understand how that goes.

If you wouldn’t mind letting us know after you’ve had a chance to check your theme’s functions.php, that would be great. Thank you! 🙂

Yvette Stafford
    Participant

Hi all! My slider isn’t working as well. Can someone please look at it? BlueRidgeLife.com is the url. Thanks!

Yvette Stafford
    Participant

BTW, I have deactivated both Events plugins so that the slider remains up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider Broken after upgrade’ is closed to new replies.