Site Slow Down since installing Event Tickets & Event Tickets Plus

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Site Slow Down since installing Event Tickets & Event Tickets Plus

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dnrevents
    Participant

Since installing these two plug-ins, our site performance has greatly degraded.

In addition, trying to edit Pages or Posts now usually times out.

Last but not least, we were no longer able to use the “Visual” tab in the page/post editors.

When I deactivated these two plug-ins, everything returned to normal.

Unless there is an easy fix for this, I’d like our money refunded.

Deactivating other existing plugins that we have used for a long time, is not an option.

We are on a high performance Google Cloud Compute Engine server, and have not had such a problem before.

dnrevents
    Participant

Note that I went through all the standard steps of disabling all plugins other than Event Tickets, and Event Tickets Plus. And then there was no slow-down.

I re-added plugins individually until I found the conflict.

The conflict is with Easy Digital Downloads https://easydigitaldownloads.com/. As soon as I enabled that plugin, with Events Tickets, the problems returned.

When I have all other plugins enabled, including Event Tickets, but not Easy Digital Download, there is no site problem. But as soon as I also enable Easy Digital Downloads, the problems return.

I cannot disable Easy Digital Downloads as this is a core plugin that we use on our site, for controlling digital downloads.

dnrevents
    Participant

Another note – I found that the specific conflict is with Event Tickets Plus. When I have Event Tickets enabled, and all other plugins enabled, things work fine. But when I enable Event Tickets Plus, in addition to Event Tickets and all other plugins, that’s when the problems start.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry you’re running into this issue with your site’s performance! We just released a new version of Event Tickets (4.6.3), so I would first recommend upgrading to the newest version to see if that makes any difference. If you don’t see a prompt to update in the Plugins section, you can do so manually by following these instructions.

If not, I would recommend installing the free Query Monitor plugin, which is great for showing slow queries and errors. This can help us pinpoint the source of the issue.

Please let me know what you find, and we can continue troubleshooting from there.

Thanks,

Jennifer

dnrevents
    Participant

Jennifer can we have a refund please.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’m sorry Event Tickets Plus isn’t working out for you, but I went ahead and processed your refund. Best of luck in finding a solution that works for your project 🙂 If there’s anything that we can help you out with in the future, please let us know!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Slow Down since installing Event Tickets & Event Tickets Plus’ is closed to new replies.