Site Crash After Updating

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Site Crash After Updating

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bethany
    Participant

I tried to update my Calendar to 4.0 today, but after the update my entire site crashed and I could not access it either the main site or my WordPress dashboard. I received a server error. My host was able to resolve the issue for me by restoring the plugin to its pre-update state. The error that my host found was:

[04-Dec-2015 19:14:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tribe_is_community_my_events_page() (previously declared in /home/kiddinga/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/query.php:67) in /home/kiddinga/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/functions/template-tags.php on line 13

All of my other plugins & themes are up to date. I use the Genesis framework with the child theme News Pro.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues here. I can work with you to resolve this.

If you updated The Events Calendar to 4.0 and leave Community Events at 3.12.x or earlier it will break the site. If you cannot update Community Events for whatever reason you should remain on 3.12.6 for the Events Calendar and follow the steps below to set that up.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is to access the files of you site and delete the older version of Community Events. This process itself does not delete or change any of your settings in the database.

This can be done by either your hosting account file manager or through ftp. The files will be found here:

wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/

Please make sure to remove all copies of Community Events.

That will bring your site back and then you can download the latest version of Community Events (4.0) from your account here and manually upload it to your site.

We also have this guide for manual updates:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

If you need your site right away with community events I recommended downgrading to the 3.12.x for all the plugins.

You can download the older versions from your account here on theeventscalendar.com and older versions of the core plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/developers/

And follow these steps for manual updates:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/

If you have issues please let me know and I can help out.

Thanks

Bethany
    Participant

Thanks, Brian. My host did help me restore my site by restoring the Events Calendar to the previous version. Since I’m able to get in my site right now, would I be able to just update Community Events first and then Events Calendar or do I still need to delete those older files first. Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

If you update at the same time you are fine.

Or you could update Community Events First either my automatic updates or manual updates and then do The Event Calendar and you will be all set.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Site Crash After Updating’ is closed to new replies.