single-venue.php file is not the active template for our single venue pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO single-venue.php file is not the active template for our single venue pages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy
    Participant

I am trying to find out which file is the template for the permalinked venue pages. Where is this registered?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me help you with that.

The single-venue.php file located at/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/ is the correct template file for the single venue page.

Are you trying to make a template override of it? Let me point you to our themer’s guide that explains how to achieve that > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Let me know if you are bumping into any issues and I’d be happy to help you with it.

Best,
    Victor

Jeremy
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Hey, thanks. Our problem is that I had someone create a custom wp theme and they did an override. It is in the tribe-events folder in our new theme. However, when I alter that overide version of the file or insert html to test it, nothing appears or changes on our single venue pages. I am trying to isolate the file from which these single venue pages are now drawing templating. I’ve tried emptying caches etc and looking all over our site directories. Is there something in the functionality of the events calendar plugin that could have been altered to reference another template? How would I investigate this. I would love to get to the folks who coded the theme for us, but I have learned the hard way about hiring out to this company and they are unavailable. Do I have to reload the plugin and start over with overriding?

Thanks

Jeremy

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

I’m sorry your are experiencing that issue.

We are fairly limited in how much support we can give for customizations like that. That said, we always like helping out and at least point our users into the right direction as much possible.

What happens if you remove the template override for the venue page? Does it show the default venue template?

If it does, could you please send us a copy of the template override in a private reply? I’ll try to see if I can spot the problem from there.

Also, please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/. We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘single-venue.php file is not the active template for our single venue pages’ is closed to new replies.