Single Event side bar is missing after Avada 5.1.6 update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single Event side bar is missing after Avada 5.1.6 update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stuart
    Participant

Hi,

I updated to Avada 5.1.6 and now the side bar on my Event pages (single event) is missing.

I’m using a child theme of Avada and have some files that you all helped me modify last year. I thought the child theme overrides might be the problem, so I activated the Avada theme, but, the side bar is still missing. This makes me think it’s NOT something going wrong with my child theme, but something going wrong with how the plugin works (or doesn’t in this case) with Avada 5.1.6.

Additionally, I get the following message at the top of the page when visiting my Events Setting page:
    The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 4.3.3. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Learn More.

My Event Calendar is version 4.5.2.1 and the Calendar Pro us version 4.3.3. That seems to be the latest version of the Pro, but aren’t the number’s supposed to match? Should I downgrade the Event Calendar to a 4.3 version?

I appreciate all the help you can give me to get the sidebar working again.

BTW, the sidebar info does appear when using the 2014 theme (it appears at the bottom of the page instead of in the sidebar).

Thanks,
    Stuart

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Stuart!

I’d be happy to help you out with this.

First, you’re running the latest version of The Events Calendar, but the current version of Pro is 4.4.8. Updating Pro should take care of that message on the Settings page.

Regarding the sidebar: try changing the settings under Events > Settings > Display > Basic Template Settings. If you are currently using the default page template for your events template, that is controlled by the theme and is likely the source of your disappearing sidebar. Avada has some built-in styling for The Events Calendar, which you can find out more about here.

If you aren’t able to find an answer there, please take a look at our Themer’s Guide, which has some great info on customizing our templates.

I hope that helps! If you’re still having issues or have any more questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Stuart
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your help.

You know, I kept getting the notice to update my ECP but in my Plugin Page in WP, it didn’t say there was a new version. I can’t remember now how, but I was able to do the update. I guess I can’t always count on the WP plugin page to tell when there’s a newer version.

I went to the Avada settings as you suggested. Events > Settings > Display > Basic Template Settings and changed it from “Default Events Template” to “Default Page Template” and that brought the sidebar back. 🙂 I don’t know why that setting changed or if the settings in the Avada 5.1.6 are different than 4.0.3.

I just wanted to document this in case anyone else runs into this trouble.

Thanks for your quick response.

Cheers,
    Stuart

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Stuart,

Glad to hear that worked for you, and thanks for sharing your solution with the forum! You should usually get a notice on the plugin page when an update is available, but you can always check this page to find out about our latest releases.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread since this is resolved, but if you need any further assistance, please feel free to open a new one!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Single Event side bar is missing after Avada 5.1.6 update’ is closed to new replies.