Shows wrong headline, event as "passed"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shows wrong headline, event as "passed"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Andy Perdue
    Participant

Since the upgrade, we have seen an error on all events on our site. The headline shows properly on the events page, but when you click into the page, it shows another story’s headline and indicates the event is “passed.” This appears to be a conflict with our premium theme, called Max Mag Theme, as it worked when I switched to the WP 2011 theme.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Have you tried updating to the latest 3.0.2 version we just release today? Please do so.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Andy Perdue
    Participant

Hi, Jonah.

Yes, I immediately updated to 3.02 on the Events Calendar. There is no change to the issue.

Where might I download the last compatible versions of each plugin (TEC and Community Events)? I’d like to move back to them until everything seems resolved.

Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Ok, sorry about that. We could try some other things or you can follow the instructions here to downgrade: https://theeventscalendar.com/faqs/help-i-upgraded-but-its-causing-me-problems-how-can-i-downgrade-to-a-pre-3-0-version/

Let me know if you’d like to troubleshoot further.

– Jonah

Andy Perdue
    Participant

Jonah, I\’m all for fixing if we can. What is the next step?

Barry

Hi Andy,

Jonah has unfortunately departed for pastures new, but let’s have a think about further troubleshooting for this issue.

Are you positive it is related to your theme – have you tried keeping your theme (Max Mag) active and deactivating other plugins (besides those by Modern Tribe, of course)?

This would be worth investigating first of all.

Andy Perdue
    Participant

Hi, Barry.

Yes, I’ve deactivated all plugins with my current theme, and that didn’t solve the problem. Once I deactivated all plugins then switched to the vanilla WP theme, the calendar function began working as expected.

That leads me to believe the issue is a calendar/theme conflict.

Barry

Ok – would it be possible for you to share your theme (by linking to a downloadable .zip – whether uploaded to your own site or using a service like Droplr or Dropbox)? I can’t guarantee anything but I’d be happy to take a look.

Andy Perdue
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Andy Perdue
    Participant

Barry, sounds good. What’s a good email address to send to?

Barry

Hi Andy, not sure if you posted twice by accident or can’t see my last reply (definitely let me know if you are unable to read it as we did recently have some problems with the private reply feature) – but basically please either share it via Dropbox/Droplr/similar (or by uploading it to your WordPress installation) and simply drop the link in here as a private reply.

Alternatively you can email us at pro (at) tri (dot) be – and please mark the email for my attention.

Thanks!

Andy Perdue
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Andy: I do apologize for the delay. I’m just looking at this now and will update you shortly.

Barry

Hi again Andy, after looking at your theme it jogged my memory of a similar thread with a news ticker element … I wonder if this could in fact be the same problem.

It certainly looks similar at code level – and I believe the theme vendor is actually the very same one as produced the GameDay theme which was behind the problem in the other thread … rather like I suggested to Debbie, could you add:

<?php wp_reset_postdata(); ?>

Just after the news ticker loop, which ends after line 203 in the theme’s header.php template – does that help here?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Shows wrong headline, event as "passed"’ is closed to new replies.