Show one category in photo view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show one category in photo view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mogul
    Participant

Hi,

We want a Featured Event feature on the homepage, and have purchased Events Calendar Pro for the photo view.

On the events page, i am sticking with the normal photo view but obviously on the homepage i just want the one “featured” category. All i can find that does it is the shortcode [tribe_events_list category=”featured”] and this is a list not like the photo view.

Any Ideas?

thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Mogul Creative and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I would love to help you with this topic.

Currently, we have no built-in way to accomplish this unfortunately.

We are however working on enhancing our shortcodes possibilities to allow our customers to embed different views on the page of their choice (including the home page).

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned!

In the meantime, there are a couple of things you could do however.

But, just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.
    We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

You could:

• Redirect your home page to the calendar page with Photo view as the default view (using a redirect plugin or manually)
    • Program a custom page template using Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.
    • Hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Mogul
    Participant

Ok thanks,

Just because you get it to filter like this: http://mallams.preview.vded-zesdig-002.zestdev.com/calendar/category/featured/ I though it may be possible to just get it on the home page, i will have a look at your suggestions

Geoff B.

Good evening,

Let me know how that goes.

If you are going to try my first suggestion, a lot of our customers use the following plugin to redirect their home page: https://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-pagepost-redirect-plugin/

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Show one category in photo view’ is closed to new replies.