Show events on blog DIVI

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Show events on blog DIVI

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MIGUEL ANGEL
    Participant

I’m trying to show the featured events on a blog page created with the theme Divi. I have taken the advice of these previous threads regarding the problem:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-categories-as-post-categories/

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-categories-marked-as-post-categories-not-pulling-to-homepage-slider/

Based on the documentation there, I pasted the appropriate code in function.php from my theme, which added the default Category Categories box to the Edit Event page.

I checked the box “Include events in the main blog cycle”.

I have unchecked ‘instances of recurring events.’

After adding the code, mark my event as a “featured” post as the others do not appear on the blog.

You could tell me how I could show my events on a blog page with the categories I give you.

Thank you very much.

Miguel A.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by MIGUEL ANGEL.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel A.,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums!

I can try to help you with this, note however that based on our support policy we are limited in doing customization. I can give you some pointers and tips, but you will need to do the heavy lifting yourself.

The category snippet is a good start.

You will still need to modify your main blog loop query so that the appropriate events are pulled in. You can try to do that in 2 ways:

• include events that are marked as ‘featured event’ – in this case you will most probably not need the category snippet
    • include events that are added to a specific category

I recommend these articles as a starting point to modify the main query.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query

https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/pre_get_posts

How to modify the main WordPress query the right way

I hope this will help you get started. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with to move forward.

Cheers,
    Andras

MIGUEL ANGEL
    Participant

Hi,

I have tried to carry out the modifications that I indicated, but I have not managed to carry it out because my knowledge is not enough. These changes are essential for the web I’m doing and I really feel this plugins do not suit me.

What do I have to do to proceed with the refund of the plugins?

Thank you very much.
    Miguel A.

Cliff

Hi, Miguel. Andras looped me in here to try to be of further help. However, you may choose to complete our Refund Request Form (typically 30 days after purchase) and link back to this thread for reference.

The snippet at https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-categories-as-post-categories/#post-1228497 causes the Post Categories taxonomy to also apply to Events posts. Unless I’m misunderstanding your request, this snippet doesn’t seem relevant to what you were looking to accomplish.

The second thread you linked to seemed to be along the same lines as the first so likely not relevant to your request, which I am understanding as wanting to display Featured Events “on a blog page created with the theme Divi.”

Could you please link me to your blog page and describe (or include an annotated screenshot or screen capture video) exactly where you’re wanting to display these events?

For example, do you want the Featured Events in a separate area (e.g. sidebar widget or in a slider) on your blog page? Or do you want the Featured Events displayed as posts within the actual blog loop/cycle?

MIGUEL ANGEL
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    What I was trying to do is that when entering a calendar event, go directly to a page or post without going through the default page of the event or otherwise it could be from the event information to have a button that links to url that you indicate to show an additional information to the event that will be charged after the event happens

I also need The Event Calendar, besides managing their own categories, to choose another category of the module of wordpress entries to be able to include in the divi blog page the category that indicates to show the events separately.

I await your news in case these modifications of the event management were possible.

Thank you very much

Cliff

1)

when entering a calendar event, go directly to a page or post without going through the default page of the event

Could you explain this in greater detail? A screen capture video might be really helpful. Jing makes that easy if you don’t have another way you’d prefer to record and share it.

2)

besides managing their own categories, to choose another category of the module of wordpress entries

Are you saying you want Post Categories to appear in the wp-admin Event edit screen in addition to Event Categories?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Show events on blog DIVI’ is closed to new replies.