Show events by user (publicly)

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Show events by user (publicly)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ally Taylor
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m wondering if there’s a way I can display a list of events created by a particular user? The site we’re creating is for musicians and they’ll have their own profiles, a little like a directory/very simple social network. We’re using Community Events and I can see we can create a list of events by that particular logged in user to view themselves, but what I’d like is for any user to be able to browse the profiles of the musicians and see the events each musician has listed, if that makes sense. So any user, logged in or no, can go to the profile of Musician 1 and see a list of events they’ve created, then go to Musician 2 and do the same.

Is there a snippet or something to show events by a particular user/author?

Thanks for your help!

Cliff

Hi Ally.

Thanks for your question.

If each artist is entering themselves as the event’s Organizer, our Filter Bar add-on may be just what you’re looking for. You can see it in action at our demo site: http://wpshindig.com/events/

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

Also, if you’re okay with custom-coding something, you could use tribe_get_events(), but you’d still need to decide how to display events per author.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Ally Taylor
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your quick reply! Unfortunately there will be cases where the artist won’t be listing themselves as the Organizer (such as in a festival etc). So I can’t rely on that.

I’m happy to use a template tag if that helps. Just something to pull all events submitted by a particular User ID?

Sorry for being difficult! 🙂

Ally Taylor
    Participant

I’m thinking it’d be very similar to the code used to show “My Events” in Community Events, except connected to the user you’re viewing, not the user you’re logged in as?

Ally Taylor
    Participant

Or, much less desirable but maybe – a way to dynamically add the User ID as a category or tag when users submit their event and then pull the events that way?

Cliff

I’m not sure if you saw my edited reply that included this:

Also, if you’re okay with custom-coding something, you could use tribe_get_events(), but you’d still need to decide how to display events per author.

But I definitely think you’re in the “customization” realm here, which is not provided/supported by us per our Scope of Support / Terms.

I think it’d be fairly easy to display all events per author, but the extra layer of letting the user navigate from Author A to Author B to Author C is probably the difficult part to implement here.

Yes, you could give create an “Artist” category and then create sub-categories like “Sting”, “Drake”, and “Hillsong” and that would likely be the easiest dynamic way to handle things. Then you could have links like yoursite.com/events/category/sting/, yoursite.com/events/category/drake/, and yoursite.com/events/category/hillsong/

Let me know your thoughts…

Ally Taylor
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

I must have replied before you edited your reply – sorry about that! I went down that path using the author ID and it’s all working now. Thanks so much for getting me on the right track. And sorry for straying into customization – I just didn’t want to reinvent the wheel if this was a function you had tucked away somewhere 🙂

Cliff

No problem at all!

I’m glad you got things working how you want them, and thanks for your understanding.

Have a great week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Show events by user (publicly)’ is closed to new replies.